New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    What's up boys. I'm planning to buy one of these around February. I know one can't compare a sedan to an SUV or truck that is, Fortuner, but I need to hear something lang to convince me. Santa Fe- rare, not bumpy, classy interior (although fake wood haha). Fortuner- roomy, big, iwas baha. Mazda 3- black interior (easier to clean), leather seats. Budget is around 2M, I want sana the base model of 3 series kaso tipid na tipid naman ang features so why not just get one of these 3 right?

Good Times
    Kap

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Really hard to compare... the Mazda3 2.0 is the nicest to drive, and it comes with a moonroof, but if you're considering the Santa Fe and Fortuner, why not a Mazda6?

Unfortunately, the Mazda6 will probably have poor resale value compared to the SUVs, but you get great driving dynamics, a rather unique and still uncommon ride, and a sporty toy car that's still comfortable for five people. The Mazda3's resale value remains average (which is actually very good for a Mazda), but it can't match any of these cars for rear-seat space. It's really nice, though, especially if you're fond of drives up to Tagaytay or Baguio, which are fun even in the Mazda3 1.6.

The Santa Fe is a softer drive, but it's also a softer ride than either Mazda or Fortuner, and it has a terrific hot-rod of a CRDi engine. It doesn't hurt that it also has some of the prettiest headlights on the face of this Earth, and that it looks very special in Hyundai's brilliant maroon black. It's probably the most practical of all your choices for highway and traffic work.

The Fortuner? Only if you love off-roading, and only if you're the driver. It drives and handles relatively well for a ladder-frame SUV, thanks to good anti-roll bar tuning, but the ride in the back seat leaves something to be desired, unless you change out to better tires, better rear shocks and aftermarket coil springs. (15k per pair, AFAIK) It's undeniably good looking on the outside, but kind of cheap compared to the Hyundai (hard to believe, but true) and Mazda on the inside, and getting a bit common. There are reportedly issues with local diesel quality (you should only fill up at the newer gas stations of the big three) as detailed in our famous D4D thread, but it's a statistical gamble. Still, even without taking this into account, the other two are more pleasant to drive on-road.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Santa Fe is the best compromise between the three. The Fortuner rides like a truck, the Mazda won't have the space of the suv, the Santa Fe is a mix of the two with it's unibody construction and all independent suspension. The ride is as close to a car as an suv is going to get since it's a crossover suv. Besides that engine is one that I would to have here in the US instead of that 2.7L V6.
    Last edited by redorange; January 21st, 2007 at 11:23 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks man. Am gonna use this sa school lang siguro or going to malls. Ya, the Santa Fe really has one of the nicest headlights on this planet, even the best pa yata. That's why CRV is not in my list, not only for its monstrous headlights but the annoying muffler (take a look when you see one on the road, it shakes as if it's gonna lose its grip!). For the Fortuner, habol ko lang talaga is the looks and the resell value plus the Marketing chic that my mom just met is very very pretty hahahaha. Knowing Mazda, we all know that it's nothing but trash looking a few years back. Mazda 6, ok din, fast, sporty, but the rear end I can't take. The Mazda 3 looks better pa.

Any reports of a carnapped/jacked Santa Fe? Fortuner, dami na and the Mazda 3, haven't heard yet. That's just the worry, if I get the Fortuner am a moving target.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Marketing chic? Very very pretty? Saan dealer yan?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hahaha di pwede baka maunahan! Not sure if she's single. She owns a Vios daw according to my mom, kayang kaya! Haha! Kaya when my mom told me na she's pretty, it kinda changed my mind to buy a Fortuner instead! Hahaha dapat sure na ko with the Mazda 3, but then again when looking at Santa Fe's interior/exterior, it really puts the Mazda 3 and Fortuner flat in the ground. Yun nga lang if I would consider Fortuner, she might go farther than the usual discount-hypnotizing scheme! Hahaha ayos na deal yun! Hahaha!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All are good choices. I'd go with the Santa Fe or the Fortuner.

For 2M, do consider the new Camry and the Mazda 6.

If it was my money though, I'd look for a used 300C!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tell her you're still thinking about it because if you do buy now, she'll drop you like a hot potato. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    All are good choices. I'd go with the Santa Fe or the Fortuner.

For 2M, do consider the new Camry and the Mazda 6.

If it was my money though, I'd look for a used 300C!

Hahahaha well anyone in a 300C will look like a mobster! Hahahaha! Camry, carnap-friendly eh. Mazda 6 low resell!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Tell her you're still thinking about it because if
    you do buy now, she'll drop you like a hot potato. hehehe.
    Hahaha I know! That's why when I get to meet her personally, I would lay down my choices and make it look like that the Fortuner is in the last place. We all know that agents will do almost everything para we buy theirs!

Tip to buyers: If you're buying a Toyota, look around first. You might spot pretty agents pa hahaha!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Fortuner Gas / Mazda 3 2.0 / Santa Fe 2.2?