New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dmadness View Post
    ** I guess I have to test drive the Fort nalang. If same drive sila ng Hilux since we have one at home (are they ba?), then probably I can compare it na with the Monty.
    go for the fortuner para the same brand with your hilux at sa iisang casa ka lang magpa PMS. baka maka-discount ka pa ng malaki at makakuha ng mga freebies from Toyota niyan.

pero kung gusto mo maiba naman ang driving experience mo, go for MS

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Resale value i think the Fort wins. Ang gusto ko rin sa Mitsu is their policy on PMS. They will just base it sa KM and not by month. So kung kelan ka lang mag hit ng 1k or 5k thats the time you go for their PMS unlike others na 10k/6 months whichever comes first. Though ang mahal ng first 1k PMS ng Monty ah. parang talo pa yung Fort namin for the 15k PMS hehe!

Not sure with Toyota though kung ano ang procedure nila for PMS.

Yup tama na test drive both

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I really like the look of the Black Fortuner.

Resale? They will be more or less be the same. Keep in mind that you will be buying the car because you want to use it and enjoy it, not because you want to sell it.

But yes, down the line you will eventually have to sell it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Bias ako sa Toyota I'll go with Fort. But you can never go wrong between the two.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Which has more cabin room, especially for the third rows? And given the same driving style, which is more fuel-efficient?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

mas worse and 3rd row seat ng Monty compared to Fortuner imo. mdyo iba kasi inclination ng 3rd row seat ng Monty.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what about kung idagdag natin sa comparo yong Chevy Trailblazer?...alin sa 3 mas ok na SUV? Ok in terms of ride, after sales parts and service, resale value, after market accessories? any inputs sa new Chevy Trailblazer.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jrn29 View Post
    yes mas mabilis talaga, pero yung mga VNT ,makikipag sabayan na sa VGT kahit paano. Kung automatic vs automatic luge yung fortuner , 4 speed lang . Pero for me FORTUNER ang pipillin ko because gwapo talaga ang looks, lalo na upgraded na ang engine hindi na feeling underpower ang A/T 2.5 d4d ;)

maganda rin naman ang monty ,kaya kahit ano piliin sa dalawa hindi talo, iba lang talaga dating ng fortuner para sakin ;)
    I own a VNT Fort M/T Black. Kung hatak din lang paguusapan, eh hindi talaga papahuli. Walang Turbo Lag specially M/T yung sa akin. We all know na tuned ang engine with peak torque from low to mid rev range. Sa high rpm lang matagal mag-gain ng speed which is typical diesel characteristic naman.

My only complain is maintanance. Lalo na ngayong tag-ulan. Kahit wax every two weeks may watermarks pa rin. Typical black car syndrome I suppose. Pero as long as walang problema sa car itself, I'm happy with it. Panglabas lang naman yang watermarks. Puwede na detail once a year.

I had the same dilemma with you DMadness months ago. You will never go wrong with the Monty and Fort. What made me go with the Fort is the improved engine with VNT and the Macho looking Wide Hoodscoop (if ngkataon wala pa ring VNT yung Fort 2.5 diesel variant, Monty ang kinuha ko). I postponed my purchase for a year cause I've been waiting for the 2.5 VNT to come out. It's worth the wait. Buti na lang hindi ako nagmadali. But since you're a girl, maybe iba yung taste mo. Goodluck and wag ka magmadali. It's a million peso investment. So take your precious time and study every detail of both vehicles.

Hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lastpogi View Post
    what about kung idagdag natin sa comparo yong Chevy Trailblazer?...alin sa 3 mas ok na SUV? Ok in terms of ride, after sales parts and service, resale value, after market accessories? any inputs sa new Chevy Trailblazer.
    Kung iniisip mo ang resale value mag secod hand ka na lang

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dmadness View Post
    ** Did Mitsubishi give you a good deal? I mean freebies, discounts and stuff like that?
    Free seatcover lang sir and black chrome tint sir.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
FORTUNER 4x2 G 2.5 Dsl A/T WP or Montero Sport GLS V 2.5D 2WD AT: Which one's better?