New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'm a woman and currently driving a sedan. I am planning to buy an SUV. Thing is, I don't know which one's better. I need your opinion, guys. It would be of great help for me to decide on what to purchase. I need pros and cons for both units. Thank you. XOXO

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    my aunt is driving a 4x4 Montero Sport GTV. in fact it is their second MS unit coming from their previous 4x2. I don't know why they don't consider a Fort, maybe in paper, MS is better. With regards to the compartment at the back, i like the way MS fold the 3rd row seats, nice and flat on the floor. Soon I'll be able to compare those 2 units on a Driver's perspective as we're getting a 4x2 Fortuner Dsl AT. I used to drove the MS GTV and it's good IMO.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jcRN View Post
    my aunt is driving a 4x4 Montero Sport GTV. in fact it is their second MS unit coming from their previous 4x2. I don't know why they don't consider a Fort, maybe in paper, MS is better. With regards to the compartment at the back, i like the way MS fold the 3rd row seats, nice and flat on the floor. Soon I'll be able to compare those 2 units on a Driver's perspective as we're getting a 4x2 Fortuner Dsl AT. I used to drove the MS GTV and it's good IMO.
    ** I hear a lot of positive/negative feedback from both units. But when it comes to speed, the MS is way faster compared to the Fort daw. When it comes to the engine, the MS is too loud while the Fort is a bit silent in comparison. Value for money? I really am confused with these two cars.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    well, you can't go wrong with any of the two. your choice will be in a matter of preference. I see lots of both cars on our roads today, i think that serves as a proof that they are both good value for money SUVs. For me, i like the Fortuner over the montero because of its more Macho/Masculine look aside from we don't want to have the same model with my aunt. Engines of both are very capable to do the job (i will primarily use it as my service going to work everyday). So speed is not really a problem for us.

and you might want to ask other tsikoteers here regarding the ride quality, i think MS is better in this aspect.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Matagtag ang Fort mas komportable ang MS

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jcRN View Post
    well, you can't go wrong with any of the two. your choice will be in a matter of preference. I see lots of both cars on our roads today, i think that serves as a proof that they are both good value for money SUVs. For me, i like the Fortuner over the montero because of its more Macho/Masculine look aside from we don't want to have the same model with my aunt. Engines of both are very capable to do the job (i will primarily use it as my service going to work everyday). So speed is not really a problem for us.

and you might want to ask other tsikoteers here regarding the ride quality, i think MS is better in this aspect.

** I like the way Fortuner looks because of the masculine feel in it. I haven't test driven the MS though.. I wanna know if it would live up to what people say.. that it's fast. Enjoy your new ride by the way, jCRN.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Matagtag ang Fort mas komportable ang MS

**I get that a lot.. been hearing issues about the Fort being matagtag. As for the MS, maingay naman daw makina and mausok.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    we own both a Montero and a Fort though i can't compare re the Engine since magkaiba yung displacement nung amin.

But re the suspension, i'd go with the Monty all day long. Mas comfortable talaga siya.

Pag dating naman sa interior, i'd go with the Fort though. Kahit yung mas older Fort namin mas gusto ko ang plastics (more sturdy looking) compared sa Monty. Yung small details ay big deal for me like yung sa aircon vents. Parang ang nipis nipis nung sa monty whereas sa Fort e mukhang solid.

Better check them. Both SUVs are great. Whatever you choose, you win Follow your heart what you really like para walang panghihinayang :D

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sabawballs View Post
    we own both a Montero and a Fort though i can't compare re the Engine since magkaiba yung displacement nung amin.

But re the suspension, i'd go with the Monty all day long. Mas comfortable talaga siya.

Pag dating naman sa interior, i'd go with the Fort though. Kahit yung mas older Fort namin mas gusto ko ang plastics (more sturdy looking) compared sa Monty. Yung small details ay big deal for me like yung sa aircon vents. Parang ang nipis nipis nung sa monty whereas sa Fort e mukhang solid.

Better check them. Both SUVs are great. Whatever you choose, you win Follow your heart what you really like para walang panghihinayang :D
    Agree sir we own din both SUVs and mas bouncy yung ride ng Fort kesa Montero. For interior panalo yung Fort. Mas maubti ma test drive muna sa typical Manila roads bago mag decide. Yun yung mali namin prior to buying the Fort, di namin na test drive hehe
    Last edited by jmpet626; June 11th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Imo naman po napaka hirap talagang mamili sa 2( montero and fortuners) dahil meron silang kanya kanyang mga maayos na features. Ang sakin lang malaking tulong yung, kung ano ba talaga ang gusto mo? In case samin ( no bias) nag montero kmi dahil gusto ko yung mga kasama sa kanya, mga features niya.yung lang po yung sakin. By the way mas madalas i maneho ng wife ko ung montero hindi naman siya nahihirapan day and night driving. Pero mabigat lang talaga yung manibela niya compare sa dati naming fm and isuzu altera.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
FORTUNER 4x2 G 2.5 Dsl A/T WP or Montero Sport GLS V 2.5D 2WD AT: Which one's better?