New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Looks = Toyota Fortuner
    Overall performance, space, handling, features = Montero Sport.

Sometimes, looks really beats performance. It's like a partner that you're proud of because she's pretty and not because she's talented. Whatever makes us happy.
    Agree. Kung 3.0V D-4D vs. 2.5 GT-V, medyo madali pang mag-dalawang isip

I admit, I like the 2011 Montero Sport GT-V. Tons of features.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Of course I go for the MOntero. My older brother bought a Fort for his wife and in the end she sold it. Hindi raw sya com_Fort_table.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Looks = Toyota Fortuner
    Overall performance, space, handling, features = Montero Sport.

Agree. Kung 3.0V D-4D vs. 2.5 GT-V, medyo madali pang mag-dalawang isip

I admit, I like the 2011 Montero Sport GT-V. Tons of features.
    Me too I like the Montero Sport 4x2 GLS-V compared to the Fortuner 2.5G kasi talo ng GLS-V ang 2.5G sa features, performance and even sa price.

Pero kung GT-V versus 3.0 V ng Fortuner. Based on looks on both exterior and interior sa Fortuner ako total di naman masyado malayo ang performance at price ng GT-V sa 3.0V ng Fortuner.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    looks-wise,

if it were the pre-facelift fortuner, talo ang MS from all angles. Mas cohesive at clean ang fascia ng pre-facelifter fortuner. not to mention it had better looking mags.

the current fortuner has a fascia that looks just slapped together. I blame it on the blingy grille (which the montero also has), and the bulging quad-headlights.

sa rear-end mas maganda pa rin fortuner.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    monty na ko dito for sure, kung i base sa performance, wala talaga, pero sa interior ng fort, ok na din un. pag bumili ka ng fort G 2.5 D4D, wala pa un back up sensors, palalagyan mo pa, monty meron na yun.

pero malay natin sa facelift ng fort next year, alam ko magiging GTV na din un at di natin alam magiging new features and looks.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Montero Sport GLS-V is better in all aspects vs the Fortuner, well except the looks, i like how the latter's macho looks are.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mag montero na to TS. we owned a Strada (though a pick up) and the suspension is better than our fortuner! weird nga kasi leafspring pa yung Strada. also, mas stable ang Strada/montero at speeds exceeding 120kph. nagpapawis na ako pag pinalampas ko at those speeds ang fortuner namin. feature wise, montero pa din specially when seats are folded flat. yung fort namin ang laki ng nasasayang because of those fat seats at di pa nafofold flat.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi sir good day to you

From your choice, i would recommend for you to choose montero sport 2.5 VGT over the toyota fortuner 2.5 D4D.

Why? the montero has more power compared to Toyota's 2.5 D4D, another thing for you to consider is Montero's transmission since it is equipped with sportsmode, whereas you could manually select the gear range that you think is most suited for your driving condition.
    Ride comfort may also be considered since the Fortuner has tarnished reputation in terms of ride comfort, though some alterations may be done in the suspension system in order to make the ride more comfortable, but heck, why would you opt for that option? since you are buying a brand new car, i think it would be the best choice to look for the best car that you could afford among your choices..

good luck with your decision, cheers and more power!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ano na kaya decision ni TS?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Ano na kaya decision ni TS?
    Chery Tiggo.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Fortuner or 2011 Montero Sport VGT