New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    We were planning to buy a new SUV this month. We're torn between the 2WD AT DSL Fortuner and the new VGT equipped 2WD DSL Montero Sport. I am more concern on the ff.:

* ENGINE performance and durability
    * CHASSIS ( Have heard Fort has an edge on this one )
    * RIDE and COMFORT

I would really appreciate you guys giving me inputs about the PROS and CONS regarding with these two popular SUVs. TIA

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pale pilsen View Post
    We were planning to buy a new SUV this month. We're torn between the 2WD AT DSL Fortuner and the new VGT equipped 2WD DSL Montero Sport. I am more concern on the ff.:

* ENGINE performance and durability
    * CHASSIS ( Have heard Fort has an edge on this one )
    * RIDE and COMFORT

I would really appreciate you guys giving me inputs about the PROS and CONS regarding with these two popular SUVs. TIA
    The 2.5 d4d doesn't have a prayer in terms of engine performance vs. the new VGT.

102 hp vs 160+ hp for the montero

torque wise, wala ring laban ang fortuner.

both chassis are proven offroad, but the consensus is that the montero sport's ride is better in terms of comfort.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    102ps/260Nm for the Fortuner versus 178ps/350Nm for the Montero Sport? No chance!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sa power no match ang fort sa monty....... much worse sa suspension napaka tagtag ang fort compared sa monty

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kahit pa naman ang Fortuner 3.0D4D ang pinalaban wala parin. Its cramped, bumpy and even the door panels are all hard plastic! Even the old Montero Sport 2.5L is better than the Fortuner 2.5D4D, much less this one.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Specs wise on engine, montero is far better than fortuner. How about engine issues? Can you share some inputs? and what about 2.7 GAS AT Fort versus the 2WD VGT Monty? Have any info regarding a new fort coming this year? I am also concern sa RESALE VALUE.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pale pilsen View Post
    Specs wise on engine, montero is far better than fortuner. How about engine issues? Can you share some inputs? and what about 2.7 GAS AT Fort versus the 2WD VGT Monty? Have any info regarding a new fort coming this year? I am also concern sa RESALE VALUE.
    so far, i have not read or heard about any major engine issues for the montero compared to the D4D of the fortuner

as for resale value, i would hazard a guess that the montero will have a higher resale value considering that the D4D engine issue will haunt potential 2nd hand buyers of the fortuner

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    tahimik na ba ang engine ng new montero ? kasi yung previous one literal na tunog diesel eh compared to fort's d4d na sobrang tahimik at idle.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Interior and Exterior go to the Fortuner. *Has leather seats.
    Performance and Toys go to the MS. *Has DVD/GPS.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Montero ako dito pero based on your criterion you might want to take a good look at Hyundai's R-Vgt Sta.Fe as well. HTH

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Fortuner or 2011 Montero Sport VGT