New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Re cx5, better ask first people in the mazda forums if the issues regarding batteries and transmissions persist. This were the #1 and #2 concerns of cx5 owners before.
    sir can you post link of that forum about the issue ?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilaps View Post
    sir can you post link of that forum about the issue ?
    Transmission kinks were from early 1st gen. The 1st of the Skyactivs. Long been ironed. Their transmissions(nonCVT) are shared, depending on engine size, from the 2 all the way up to the CX9. On point of assembly...CBU Jp will be the choice if there were 1, but there has been no noted quality concern with the Mazdas coming from Thailand(M2) or MY(CX5). Mazda currently is up there w/ Lexus & Toyota in the reliability ladder.
    Re battery, you'll require the pricier Start/Stop Enhanced Flood vs the Regular Flooded...or AGM batts. The complaints came when MazdaPh tapped Motolite to supply them w/ EFBatts. They're now back to the Japanese GS Yuasa. Delkor, Panasonic have EFBs of the same specs or higher at more reasonable prices.
    To stretch the service life of batts, it's recommended to get a trickle charger like the CTEK CT5 Start/Stop.
    Subaru, of late, has been plagued by quality issues which they're addressing vigorously.
    Subaru Tries To Rebuild Your Trust After Scandals And Quality Issues But It Won't Be Easy | Torque News
    Good luck, sir! Happy Christmas car shopping![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you need more compact-car handling and scared of CVT, then go for the CX5. The CX5 2.5 turbo is much quicker but not sure if it’s available locally. Down side of the CX5 is the interior and cargo space.

If you need something with more cargo and interior space, get the Forester (even the non turbo will do). If you need a quick and fast CUV plus space, then get the Forester XT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you need more compact-car handling and scared of CVT, then go for the CX5. The CX5 2.5 turbo is much quicker but not sure if it’s available locally. Down side of the CX5 is the interior and cargo space.

If you need something with more cargo and interior space, get the Forester (even the non turbo will do). If you need a quick and fast CUV plus space, then get the Forester XT.

Yes, check if you are okay with the space of cx5. Performance of 2.5NA and interior are superb. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T825 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you want something comfortable with a usable trunk and drives very well, then you can opt for the Mazda6 wagon 2.5L NA. The 6 drives very well compared to any CUV.

The CX5 interior space is more like a Mazda3. Legroom is shorter than the Forester and its trunk is smaller. The windows are also a bit smaller. With the CX5, you are seated like in a car. With the Forester, you feel like you are seating on top with better view outside with its big windows.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    2019 Japan car of the year rav4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123