New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung ako, Tucson Premium parin. Pero dapat ang KDM equivalent ah. To start off it already has lots more torque than the FXT, the transmission is much more modern than the FXT's and its a diesel. I'm sure it will also be fairly easy to mod the Tucson to FXT levels of power and beyond. If we had Saudi oil price levels ok lang sana ang FXT eh...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kung ako, Tucson Premium parin. Pero dapat ang KDM equivalent ah. To start off it already has lots more torque than the FXT, the transmission is much more modern than the FXT's and its a diesel. I'm sure it will also be fairly easy to mod the Tucson to FXT levels of power and beyond. If we had Saudi oil price levels ok lang sana ang FXT eh...
    sorry but no, the tucson's engine will not handle that much power with out losing it's reliability. there are engines that you can mod as much as you want and there are those that has limits to what you can do. plus the FXT will respond to mods and gain more hp with the same mods you will put to the tucson. also the FXT's engine has better potential compared to the tucson's engine, don't get me wrong i'm not talking about diesel or gas engine, i'm talking about the FXT's engine and tucson's engine alone. it's been proven that the FXT is the most moddable and can achieve the most hp SUV/CUV in it's price range. it's engine can gain 75whp with just a CAI, TBE and ECU tune while it's competitors will need more than those 3 just to gain 50whp. that's why there are so many after market power upgrades readily available for the FXT while you can barely see any for other SUV/CUV in it's price range.

oh and the tucson/ix35 "R" only has 288ft-lbs of torque which most of that torque is focused on lower rpm's so that's another thing to look at when trying to reach more power while the FXT has 235ft-lbs so no that's not a lot. btw how much torque does the tucson we get have?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Tapos wala pang 10,000km ang mileage umiilaw na ang Check Engine Light?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can modify the Tucson for possibly 200 whp, but any further will require more work than it's worth. The current FXT can hit 300 whp easily, but as per Speedlab, the transmission starts slipping... doesn't seem to be able to hold as much torque as the old one... I've heard of (and seen) 400 whp on the old 4AT.

Diesels are powerful, but when you're talking turbo to turbo, modified, gasoline cars with the same amount of strengthening as the stock diesel block can still outperform them greatly.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    OT: Niky, ano kailangan to hit 200 WHP sa Tucson R-eVGT? hehe

And I'm planning to turbocharge a 2.0L Theta II Tucson, anong turbo kaya yung pwede?

'la ako masyado alam sa ganito eh. Hahahaha

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Tapos wala pang 10,000km ang mileage umiilaw na ang Check Engine Light?
    No no no, I'm talking about modding it to reach stock FXT power levels only! Or the nearest it can get to it of course. Syempre hindi kayang umabot yan sa Impreza engine ng FXT. What I am talking about is practicality but still with a sizeable measure of performance. Since it already has 184hp (KDM) and 392Nm of torque. Installing a chip, aftermarket filter and perhaps exhaust should do wonders in improving its performance.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hilig niyo kasi sa KDM nag lalabasan naman ang problema hahaha

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Eh ang PhDM kasi naman tanggal nito tanggal niyan. Diba Unioil offers Euro 4 diesel na? Does it still have problems with it?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Bakit kung mayaman ka at may pambili ka ng LMX20, magtitiwala ka ba sa small timers na Oil Company?

At sa tingin mo ba yung seat heater at SPAS na meron sa LMX20 eh sulit para sa 80K difference?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Get the Tucson sobrang lakas sa gas ung FXT parang may butas ung gas tank any why expect race car performance from a CUV.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Forester 2.5XT vs Tucson ReVGT 2.0L 4WD Premium