New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Not sure if this has been asked before but based on my searches, parang hindi pa. I'm down to these 2 choices. Car plan has a budget within striking distance of either model, though I will have to add a bit more for the FXT.

I've read the specs, visited the websites, read the reviews and the individual threads and of course, there are passionate endorsements for both, depending on which thread you're on. So I turn to the experts, and those who've done test drives and had real world experiences.

What is your verdict? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sabi nga sa ibang thread. When it comes to fxt, no test drive needed. Ibang klase ang turbo ng forester, at handling. Di makakamatch ang tucson, CRV, ASX, Xtrail, ano pa ba. Sa FC nga lang susubukan ang pisi mo. Ang sarap pati ng view ng forester.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BatchOne View Post
    Sabi nga sa ibang thread. When it comes to fxt, no test drive needed. Ibang klase ang turbo ng forester, at handling. Di makakamatch ang tucson, CRV, ASX, Xtrail, ano pa ba. Sa FC nga lang susubukan ang pisi mo. Ang sarap pati ng view ng forester.
    pati sa maintenance.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ASX handles better than the Forester. The CR-V, about even, though the Forester has much more power.

In terms of roll-on power, close ang Forester XT at Tucson Diesel. The Tucson diesel has more gears and quicker low-end torque response... so the difference in city driving isn't that big (though the XT will eat it alive on the highway)...

Both have lots of glass area up top. I'd give the edge to the Forester slightly in terms of plastics and interior space, but the Tucson just has so much more in terms of toys going for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    The only thing that can match FXT is Outlander. Sadly phased out na. Pati na rin EVO would become chassi for their first Hybrid

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Go for the Forester 2.5XT, the Forester will give you the swagger that you need. haha. kidding. the Tucson looks good and has a good engine but if i were to choose, then i'd go for the Forester because it will give you more power than the Tucson and the thing is there are more Tucson's around compared to Forester 2.5XT. This will give you more uniqueness because there are not much Forester on the road.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    A Forester XT may eat the Tucson alive on highways but Tucson eVGT owners would be grinning once you reach the gas station

Remember that the Forester's recommended octane is 97 up. So there's a huge gap in terms of gas pricing versus the Tucson. In Shell terms: Diesel -> V-Power Diesel (hangang dito si Tucson)-> Super Unleaded -> Super Premium -> V-Power (sasakit wallet mo sa Forester)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The ASX handles better than the Forester. The CR-V, about even, though the Forester has much more power.

In terms of roll-on power, close ang Forester XT at Tucson Diesel. The Tucson diesel has more gears and quicker low-end torque response... so the difference in city driving isn't that big (though the XT will eat it alive on the highway)...

Both have lots of glass area up top. I'd give the edge to the Forester slightly in terms of plastics and interior space, but the Tucson just has so much more in terms of toys going for it.

I would agree on this one. But if the TS have enough money for maintenance, get the fxt since it is still uncommon as compared to the tucson.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    A Forester XT may eat the Tucson alive on highways but Tucson eVGT owners would be grinning once you reach the gas station

Remember that the Forester's recommended octane is 97 up. So there's a huge gap in terms of gas pricing versus the Tucson. In Shell terms: Diesel -> V-Power Diesel (hangang dito si Tucson)-> Super Unleaded -> Super Premium -> V-Power (sasakit wallet mo sa Forester)
    Yun lang Pero mas ok na yun kesa, nakatipid ka nga sa gas, pawisan ka naman sa loob dahil sa problematic aircon? at ano ano pa ba yun.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BatchOne View Post
    Yun lang Pero mas ok na yun kesa, nakatipid ka nga sa gas, pawisan ka naman sa loob dahil sa problematic aircon? at ano ano pa ba yun.
    The Subaru XT also has its share of problems. What if you blown your turbo?

So, all things equal, once people reach the point that their full tank is 5,000pesos up (like mine), you'll come to understand kung gaano ka laki yun gap ng diesel and hi-performance gasoline.

If it's mainly for city driving, there's no doubt that I'll pick a Tucson ReVGT. But if you frequent highways (something like 60% city, 40% highways) I'll go for a Subaru Forester. Careful though, kakatapos lang model refresh ng Forester and with the new Impreza already shown in car shows, an upcoming model seems inevitable.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Forester 2.5XT vs Tucson ReVGT 2.0L 4WD Premium