New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Dear All,

I am planning to buy my very first car, hopefully before the end of the year .
    Since I am not very familiar with the cars of today, I thought of asking some
    advice from experts, like you guys.

A couple of months back, getting a car has never been part of the plan, I mean not just yet.I thought it could wait. Taking the bus, taxi was not a problem for me. My eldest kid, 4 years old, is now a schoolboy. We enrolled him at an International school, South of Manila and taking tricycle everyday was not a problem for me, even though "all" his classmates can hold a car show literally. One day, it rained really hard and i saw my wife and son trying not to get wet but still, the rain did not spare the shoes and the white socks. That was the time I considered getting a car and thought of other benefits we could get If we have our own. Below are my choices (in order, #1 being the most desired):

1. Mitsubishi ASX GLS - Because its fresh, its mitsubishi and looks good but I dont know how reliable and efficient it is. Our Mitsu L300 (Family Car)is now 15 years old and still in good condition but its diesel.
    2. Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS 4X2 - Looks good aswell, online reviews are mostly positive. Went down to #2 because everybody seem to have it.
    3. Ford Escape 4X2 XLT 2.3L - Cheaper compared to others on my list but could not find reviews about it.
    4. Hyundai Tucson GL CRDi 4X4 - Its diesel. Should be at #3 but due to its tag price went down to #4 and I am not really considering this one. It could drain my pocket.

Please note that my choices are all less than 4.5 meters due to limited garage size. Crossovers for its size and higher ground clearance, excellent for our roads there in the Philippines, but not necessarily a 4X4. 4X2 is more practical for me. It will Just be me, my wife and 2 kids (will be 3 by mid next year). Recently, when I read about the Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sport 5DR, I wanted to consider it for its excellent specs and nice price although not of the same league as those above. Decent ground clearance for its size at 161mm?, higher than the Jazz.

Thanks in Advance for your unbiased advice and comments!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa 3 na yan Tucson ako. If you have budget for the CRDi get that otherwise even the gas will do...

ASX is overpriced and small, might as well just get a Lancer EX at least mas mura...

Escape, luma na sobra! Medyo matakaw sa gas. Pero bang for the buck. With discounts its even less than a MILLION! And its pretty spacious to!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The big problem with the Escape is that the Tucson is much more modern and is around the same price.

Personally... who cares if everyone has a Tucson? If everyone is eating Burger Machine instead of Scott's Burgers, would you buy Scott's (dry, tasteless, no vegetables) burger or a Burger Machine Bart (with coleslaw... mhmmm..) Buger?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    If your budget is only up to 1.2M i suggest choosing between the Tucson GLS Gas or Kia Carens 2.0 LX CRDi AT ..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    meron ka nang L300 maganda ng pang sundo yan sa school maluwag na marami ka pang makakarga, kung maganda pa ang L300 mo bakit mo papalitan.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    With your choices, I'll go for ASX. Sure, there are a lot of veerrrrryyy good comments to tucson but hey, let's give the ASX a chance to prove its worth. ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Sa 3 na yan Tucson ako. If you have budget for the CRDi get that otherwise even the gas will do...

ASX is overpriced and small, might as well just get a Lancer EX at least mas mura...

Escape, luma na sobra! Medyo matakaw sa gas. Pero bang for the buck. With discounts its even less than a MILLION! And its pretty spacious to!
    Sir thanks for the advice. how about the fiesta?I havent really seen one but some people say its too small. Will try to visit showrooms when I get back.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    meron ka nang L300 maganda ng pang sundo yan sa school maluwag na marami ka pang makakarga, kung maganda pa ang L300 mo bakit mo papalitan.

sir, the L300 is a family car (my side) and its in the province. Serves its purpose there very well.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronney View Post
    Sir thanks for the advice. how about the fiesta?I havent really seen one but some people say its too small. Will try to visit showrooms when I get back.
    It might be too small for you. Tignan mo muna sa showroom...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The big problem with the Escape is that the Tucson is much more modern and is around the same price.

Personally... who cares if everyone has a Tucson? If everyone is eating Burger Machine instead of Scott's Burgers, would you buy Scott's (dry, tasteless, no vegetables) burger or a Burger Machine Bart (with coleslaw... mhmmm..) Buger?

Sir, i Heard there's a long waiting list for the tucson aswell?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Ford vs Mitsubishi vs Hyundai