New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ask for a discount. may discount pa yan. last year 55k ang discount niyan.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vadvan
    I've checked Ford Quezon Ave., they still a brand new unit of Lynx RS (red) 2004, they are selling it for 839,000.
    what? ganun parin price? ...never mind,.. pricey for a more-than-2-year-old model, IMHO! (peace RS owners!)

...though I like this car, I opt for a 2nd hand one parin!
    Last edited by rayban7g; August 2nd, 2006 at 03:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No offense. It is an old car... BUT:

Consider, this unit per se is less than one year old.

For that 839,000, you're getting one of the only manual 2.0s (besides the Civic) out there. The handling is still second to none (The Focus and Mazda3 are good, mind you, but they didn't impress me much when I drove them back to back with my car), it's fully loaded, with a moon roof, full dress-up kit, 6 CD changer, a very competent stereo system (though the printed-on-glass antenna kinda sucks) and Advan A460s (same as on 2 liter Civics) which give good grip and communication without being excessively noisy.

Consider, also, that that 839k is a bargain compared to the Lancer 1.8MX or 2.0GT, which are also old cars, but come with a comparable level of kit... at a higher price. Not to mention the 1.8 Altis and Sentra, both of which are 100k more and based on platforms of the same age.

The only other 2.0 car you can get for less than 900k is a Toyota Innova.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ...I knew you would reply bradah!!!...hehe!!.. .. di pa naman old car, semi-lang!.. Cummon, I knew what RS has its' advantageous stats etc, while others has none (or mismatch should i say), I knew that 3 years ago. (w/ the Centennial Ed.)

Given that I really 'like & love' this heck-of-an-astiging-ride, I mean for my own point of view lang pare, for an almost 3-year-old model, P839k is TOO much for me, and for some seeking to have one (hypothetically, if i'll have to buy it) mahal talaga siya, they'll have to extract P100k-120k man lang para mabili, that's fair enough,.. but that high cost, no way! I'll settle for the 2nd hand one. :D

Syempre, you 'own' one ehh, you have that pride of ownership,... w/c I truly respect indeed! nuff said for the specs and so on,.. given na yun chong! peace!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... if I were in the market, it'd be as tempting as the last Miata off the lot back in the 90's.

Yung sa akin lang, malaki ang difference kung secondhand or unused yung bibilhin mo... siyempre, may premium, but then, there are benefits.

There was a message on our Nissan boards a few years ago... a Nissan dealer in the US had a mint condition, UNUSED Nissan 300ZX twin turbo for SALE. Siyempre, original price ang asking niya... which was (at the time Nissan stopped selling them) a ridiculous 40,000 dollars! But for that, you get a near classic sports car, with a dealership warranty to boot.

Wanna take bets on how quickly it was sold?

Hmmm... pahanap nga ng Miata sa mga car lots dito na "dealership miles" lang...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    2nd hand car is far different then Brand new car... considering the price and the condition.

Rayban7g - for 800K brand new car.. There is no better 2.0 liter engine car Plus specs & goodies than RS.. we know it's an old car but brand new naman. 2nd hand car for 800K outside in arena... u can get better than RS due to not a brand new car.... baka naka turbo pa yan at all the way ang upgrade ng suspension.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i've said it already mga chong,.. given na nga yung specs eh (kasama na yun syempre), very ADVANTAGEOUS na nga siya among other rides. Like I've said, I like this car, pogi, porma, anu pa?!? can't say anything more,.. but for last time mga duds,.. price is way a too much for me for a bnew 3-year-old model..it should depreciated a little more, even my friends told me so, and a lot of peeps i've heard too, mahal daw. It's my opinion and my POV! :D PERIOD!

Have a nice day mga bros....

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    magkano ba original price ng RS? kung nabawasan ng mga 150-200k, pwede na.

regarding the topic, sa RS ako. sa moonroof pa lang convinced na ko. hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We got ours at 819. Mga 839 nga siya before it was officially phased out.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    practically speaking...mahal sya for a 2 year old/ phased out car. pero kung gusto mo talaga yung oto...walang mahal-mahal...kunin na agad. :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Lynx RS 2004 v.s. Honda Civic VTI-S 2005