New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I am planning to buy any1 of those car, pero i need some advice from auto gurus hehhe. nub pa lang po ako. Comparison will be based on the;

1. Looks
    2. Power
    3. Resale Value
    4. Maintenance
    5. Fuel Efficiency

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Looks - Lynx RS

2. Power - Lynx RS

3. Resale Value - Civic VTI-S

4. Maintenance - Civic VTI-S (with its pms every 10kms)

5. Fuel Efficiency - i can say the lynx RS is fuel efficient in its class, my consumption so far is 7-8kms city driving. (with IHE installed pa)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung 2005 model na rin kunin mo para same year.

visit FCP, may binebentang 2005 RS dun - black color.

10K pala PMS ng Civic, anong gamit na motor oil diyan?

ayaw kong tumabi sayo bai, konting apak lang sa gas hangin lang aabutan ko

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vadvan
    I am planning to buy any1 of those car, pero i need some advice from auto gurus hehhe. nub pa lang po ako. Comparison will be based on the;

1. Looks
    2. Power
    3. Resale Value
    4. Maintenance
    5. Fuel Efficiency

1. Looks - basically its a personal choice.
    2. Power - Lynx RS has a 2.0L engine which gives it roughly 140hp. Civic VTi-S has a 1.6L engine cranking out around 125hp.
    3. Resale Value - I would think the Civic has a higher resale value BUT a Civic also costs more to buy.
    4. Maintenance - no idea
    5. Fuel Efficiency - the Civic will be more fuel efficient but a big factor will still be driving habits.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee
    yung 2005 model na rin kunin mo para same year.

visit FCP, may binebentang 2005 RS dun - black color.
    sorry nub ah, what is FCP ,may link po ba kau dun sa 2005 Lynx RS for sale ? thanks

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vadvan

1. Looks
    2. Power
    3. Resale Value
    4. Maintenance
    5. Fuel Efficiency
    1. The Ford for me, but I'm biased, I own one.
    2. The Lynx has more power, and much more torque. It's a breeze to overtake with.

3. Hahaha... while the RS has, at least, an average resale value (versus crappy for the regular Lynx), it's no contest, the Civic wins.

4. The Civic has a 10k interval, but that's with synthetics (a must for long intervals). Therefore, if you do oil changes yourself, or have it done on the cheap, the costs even out. For other maintenance items, though, the VTi-S should win because it's a more common motor and chassis, so parts should be easy to find. The RS doesn't share as many parts with the standard Lynx as you might think.

5. MT to MT, the VTi-S is more efficient, but I can get 8-9 km/l in traffic with the Lynx, and 10-12 on the highway (regular driving) and 14 km/l+ on the highway with super-conservative driving.

----

Thes two cars don't compare, actually.

The VTI-S is a somewhat quick car that does excellent commuter duty, but isn't as boyish or fun as the old VTI was, sadly. And it being a Honda, you can depend on the engine (at least) to last a very long time.

The RS is a budget sports car that provides a much more involving drive and is an "okay" commuter (especially with the sunroof, great AC and 6-disc (changer). It's not quite as accelerative as an old SiR, but it's much more flexible in traffic and winding roads, and has better steering and suspension as stock.

The choice will depend on your priorities.

FCP= fordclub philippines - here: http://fordclubph.com/phpbb
    Last edited by niky; July 27th, 2006 at 06:33 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    vadvan - case ko last year yan hehehe. first choice ko VTI-S M/T. but when I test drive the RS it's very far gap yong handling RS vs VTI-S. Then looks.. wow d hamap na mas astig dating ng RS.. pero looks still your personal choice.

Interior -- mas ok ang RS... sporty kasi

well fuel consumption.. depende talaga sa driver.. my 10liter Techron averaging 96KM-104KM... may kasama pang hataw yan.. at city driving po yan

syempre resale value ok ang Civic.. pero don't care ako sa resale value.. but nasa nag bebenta pa rin yan... daming nag hahanap ngayon ng RS .. one of my friends own a 2000 Civic SIR.. gusto nyang palitan ng RS.. gulat sya nong na drive nya RS ko hehehe

by the way - civic lover ako.. formerly owned 97 VTI Manual & 2000 SIR

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    1. Una sa lahat thanks sa mga sumasagot at sasagot pa (parang iba ang dating, hehehe). Just keep it coming.

2. I also like to add the factor ung plan ko for the future, xmpre mod (hehehe), obviously civic ang favorite i-mod nowadays,oks lang ba i-turbo ang lynx rs?. I've read then na the rs shifting is stiff compare to honda (parang wala lang sa smooth mag-shift sa civic).

3. Sa dami kc ng car show na nakita ko (d2 lang sa pinas), almost honda dominates the population by 52% sa compact cars class (but thats wat i c lang hehehe).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The shifting isn't that stiff, but it can get clunky when hot. Of course, not many cars shift butter-smooth like a Civic VTi, so that comparison isn't very valid...

Civics have just traditionally dominated the modifier scene because the amount of possible upgrades is mind-boggling... but I'm seeing a lot of Mazda3s and Jazzes on the scene now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Ford Lynx RS 2004 v.s. Honda Civic VTI-S 2005