New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally... I like the rear end of the Fiesta sedan... great looking tail-light cluster. Yes, it's still tall... but that can be fixed with bigger wheels.

The Mazda2 drives best in hatchback form. Responsive, yet very stable. The Mazda2 sedan is very playful, but it's rather easy to get the back end to swing around... not good for novice drivers pushing it hard on slippery roads.

The Fiesta sedan, however, is also playful but much more stable than the Mazda2 sedan. Lots of rear camber dialled in, yet not so much as to kill the balance.

Only minus for the Fiesta in hard driving is the weight. The Mazda2 is supahfly, and it feels like it. The 1.3 is so light that you just let off the clutch, and even without the ridiculous off-idle throttle surge of the Toyota, it scoots. And it doesn't have the heavier nose of the 1.5AT, so it doesn't activate the ABS as easily under heavy braking. It's a great car for a beginner driver.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Both the MZ2 and the Fiesta are good budget compacts. I would gladly go for the Fiesta because its new. Mazda 2? Luma na yan!

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Great comparo sir Nicky (fan here ),

IMHO Mazda 2 hatch for the looks, it somehow resembles the Peugeot 206 (not sure about the spelling) which looks good in its rally form. But indisputably the prices of the two are almost the same especially the 1.4 and 1.3 version. Even if the Fiesta has the bigger displacement it is undoubtedly heavier than the Mazda 2. which might be enough to make the power to weight ratio almost the same for two. However, I think the Fiesta 1.4 has a lot more gadgets even in base form than the Mazda 2. So in the end, I guess it comes to personal preference. Either way the two are good cars . How I would have loved having the manual transmission in the 1.5l hatch.

Just my opinion on the matter.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... new dream cheap car... Mazda2 1.3MT hatch, just 685k pesos.

Or the Fiesta 1.4 Trend Sedan...
    Surprisingly, why the sedan and why not the Fiesta 1.4 Trend Hatch? Trend hatch is also at Php 685K.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    parang walang choice. i dont like any of these cars at all. mas gusto ko pa yun suzuki celerio kaysa sa mga 'to

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Surprisingly, why the sedan and why not the Fiesta 1.4 Trend Hatch? Trend hatch is also at Php 685K.
    While I like the looks of the hatch better from the side, I think the sedan's tail-lights are cute.

Also, the sedan's balance is nice. Lively without being too lively. The Mazda2 sedan is probably one of the best choices for a budding autocrosser buying a new car, but the Fiesta sedan has a nice ride/handling combo. if only it came in exciting colors, though...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    subscribing... Watch mode status...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi mga Sir/Mam..

I like the Ford Fiesta because of the good reviews on the net.. but because di ko maaford ung downpayment, I have to check the other car.. and Mazda 2 offers a good discount.
    Ang high end ng Mazda 2 is 100k less than the Ford Fiesta high end.. and Mazda 2 is not bad.

Now I'm choosing Mazda 2 over Ford Fiesta.
    1. I saved 100k sa downpayment ng Mazda at same monthly fee din
    2. For me better Interior ang Mazda 2

My problem is.. kung sedan ba or hatchback? Malaki po ba ang advantage ng Handling ng Hatchback over Sedan?
    Its my first car at mag ddrive lesson palang ako :D

Need ko po talaga ng suggestion from you guys..

Thanks po sa mga sasagot

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hatchback ako ma-pa Mazda 2 or Fiesta... I think handling is more or less, its really the style of the hatchback that makes me want it over the sedan of both cousins...

Also try mo yung A1 Driving School they have Fiesta as one of their cars...

Last edited by tidus1203; February 18th, 2011 at 11:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thanks again Sir Tidus yup I'll try to inquire sa A1 and other driving schools out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
FORD FIESTA vs MAZDA2