New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Which could be better bet the New Altis against 8th generation Civic ?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Value for money, I think the Civic has the edge since it has a 1.8 liter engine as compared to the Corolla's 1.6 engine both of which are priced roughly the same. But for people like me who find the Civic's styling really ugly, then the Corolla becomes the clear winner here. I really don't know what happened to the designers at Honda, they just f**ked up the Civic after the 2000 model (SIR body). I wanted to get the new Altis but the bills keep piling up so maybe next year, hopefully I'll be able to afford to upgrade my current '03 Altis J into the new Altis.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    the 2008 corolla will be given a 1.8L engine also according to the international news.

I also love the SIR civic, compare to the body of the Vtec3 civic,,

the 2007 civic is just no a complete package when it comes to body
    buts after putting some skirts, chins, and wings to it it will definitely look good

i for one is amazed by the modification of atoybodykits done to our schoolmate civic, simply natural

all black paint
    lowered
    place some chin, skirt, wing, front grill replace to screen type
    replace stock mag by volk 17" chrome

simply attractive

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    i heard from a toyota customer agent that the 08 Altis will the 1.6L version of Camry

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    Which could be better bet the New Altis against 8th generation Civic ?
    Sana naglagay ka ng poll para mas masaya.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    yung bagong civic ngaun pangit itsura? bulag ka ata bro haha

you must be a fanboy of Toyota

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Overall Civic might be the better choice.
    But if you are talking about base models, i'd go for the Altis.

Civic 1.8V vs Altis 1.6E
    The Altis 1.6E has a driver's airbag, ABS+EBD, and five 3pt seatbelts.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The Civic will have a minor upgrade this March. All models will now have foglamps, an additional seatbelt for the middle rear seat, speed-sensing automatic doorlocks, and some other minor additions. The new 2008 CIVIC will still look the same but will have the upgrades I just mentioned and will cost 15 thousand pesos more. But according to Honda, you can still purchase the 2007 model while stocks last.

As for the car comparison: for the base model, I agree with AG4 -the Altis wins. But for the mid-range models, I will compare the upcoming 2008 Civic 1.8S with the upcoming 2008 Altis 1.6G since they are within the same price range (Civic being only slightly more expensive) and both belong to the mid-range and will probably be the most attractive to the market. For me, the Civic wins hands-down for the following reasons:

1. It has 4 disc brakes while the Altis only has 2 (the other 2 are drums).
    2. It has 4 independent suspensions while the Altis only has 2 (the other 2 are torsion beams).
    3. It has 2 airbags while the Altis only has 1 (take note I'm comparing the 1.8S with the 1.6G)
    4. The gauges of the Civic are much cooler.
    5. The Civic's engine is more powerful, while still maintaining the same fuel economy as a 1.5L engine.
    6. The AT version of the Civic has 5 gears while the Altis only has 4.
    7. Price depreciation of the Civic is lower.
    8. The Civic projects the "gwapong binata" looks due to the semi-sporty design, while the Altis projects the "matandang naka barong" looks due to the corporate/semi-luxury design.

The new Altis only has a few advantages:
    1. All model lineups for the Altis will have Electric Power Steering while the V and S models of the Civic use the traditional power steering.
    2. The 1.6G Altis has auto climate control while the 1.8S Civic has manual.
    3. Orlando Bloom (or maybe this is a disadvantage)

I just ordered my Civic 1.8S from Honda Makati and I will be getting it at the second week of March. :car:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kung body design lang ang pag uusapan...i hate to admit it, but the civic wins out for me. it's a radical, radical change from the old variant, ang angas ng dating. i've never been a civic fan, but i do appreciate the design changes the honda guys came up with.

the altis on the other hand...parang tinamad ata ung designers ng toyota. they just redesigned the old altis' front and back. after 5 years, i was kinda expecting something really different.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    kung body design lang ang pag uusapan...i hate to admit it, but the civic wins out for me. it's a radical, radical change from the old variant, ang angas ng dating. i've never been a civic fan, but i do appreciate the design changes the honda guys came up with.

the altis on the other hand...parang tinamad ata ung designers ng toyota. they just redesigned the old altis' front and back. after 5 years, i was kinda expecting something really different.
    I agree. I was expecting it to be better than the Civic since the Civic's current design is already 2 years old.

Ang angas talaga ng itsura ng Civic -Parang futuristic car!

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast