New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by krinkx View Post
    the lancer ex gls is also automatic-like... CVT...
    My bad, I get it mixed up between the GLS and GLX on which one has the manual and the CVT.

So for city driving like stop and go traffic I'd call it equal, the Fiesta is a bit shift happy which tends to up shift early which can be annoying but is remedied when put into L mode to hold the revs, while the Lancer CVT works like a charm which gives a smoother ride.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Test drive, it shall set you free

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    *GH anu anu na nga ba mga mods mu sir sa EX? para matakam si TS.
    My performance related mods are simple:

-18inch GTA wheels with 225/40/R18 tires.
    -K&N drop-in air filter
    -UNICHIP piggyback ECU w/ dyno tuning (gained 15whp)
    -E-motion coil-over and adjustable shocks kit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    my bad, i get it mixed up between the gls and glx on which one has the manual and the cvt.

So for city driving like stop and go traffic i'd call it equal, the fiesta is a bit shift happy which tends to up shift early which can be annoying but is remedied when put into l mode to hold the revs, while the lancer cvt works like a charm which gives a smoother ride.
    glx = m/t
    gls = cvt

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    lancer ex na. the performance of the lancer is top notch compare sa fiesta. but i heard na mataas daw pms cost ng lancer ex.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Since meron ka ng Carens which can make you smile naman, even more than EX given all the power of that CRDi (Santa Fe's twin), I would say Fiesta is the better 2nd car for your needs...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by padone View Post
    lancer ex na. the performance of the lancer is top notch compare sa fiesta. but i heard na mataas daw pms cost ng lancer ex.
    Lancer EX GLS:

Just recently had my 5,000 km service. Paid less than P3K.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Since meron ka ng Carens which can make you smile naman, even more than EX given all the power of that CRDi (Santa Fe's twin), I would say Fiesta is the better 2nd car for your needs...
    exactly my thought when deciding for the fiesta. but it's hard to resist the lancer. laki kasi discount! halos same price lang siya ng 1.6 high end altis and mas lower siya sa 2.0 civic and altis. value for money talaga.
    Last edited by valskie01; October 22nd, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    need advice. im almost set to buy the fiesta sports but upon learning of the big discount for the lancer ex-gls ( now selling price is at P 895000.00) medyo nagbabago uli puso ko.I know that the two aren't in the same category but the price of the lancer ex is very tempting. which will you chose?

my preferences
    1. value for money
    Lancer EX. What is better value than having a bigger car? A car that rides & drives smoothly, even on cracked and uneven roads.

2. fun to drive
    The 2.0L engine is more than willing to accelerate the car quickly. You can choose silk smooth driving via the CVT or shifting to manu-matic mode for that six speed tranny action.

As stock, you might find the steering response a little slow. But upgrading to 18s greatly improves handling.

3. porma
    Lancer EX... hands down.

4. more on city driving(from office to work)
    Lancer EX provides more space inside the cabin. Comfortable seats and ample legroom front and back.

5. maintenance
    Can't say yet for the Fiesta but so far I have been surprised at the low cost of my first 1000 and 5000 km service schedules on my Lancer EX.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Lancer EX. Ang liit liit ng Fiesta. Pang mini-me. Kung maliit ka din, pwede na Fiesta.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
ford fiesta sports or lancer ex(gls)