New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    need advice. im almost set to buy the fiesta sports but upon learning of the big discount for the lancer ex-gls ( now selling price is at P 895000.00) medyo nagbabago uli puso ko.I know that the two aren't in the same category but the price of the lancer ex is very tempting. which will you chose?

my preferences
    1. value for money
    2. fun to drive
    3. porma
    4. more on city driving(from office to work)
    5. maintenance

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    with your preferences, fiesta...

if you want more grunt and eventually more smiles while driving... EX EX EX....

my vote.... EX!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    is dual clutch transmission system of fiesta superior and seamless against the cvt of lancer ex?
    by the way this will be my personal car kaya aside for value for money 2nd preference ko is yun fun to drive, performance and porma factor. fuel efficiency hindi gaano since short trip(5 kilometer) lang ako everyday from home to office kaya fuel consumption ko will suffer at any given engine displacement.
    Last edited by valskie01; October 20th, 2010 at 11:05 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Will you be paying for your gas and maintenance?

If you intend to use it as a daily driver, you're going to be spending significantly more on the Lancer EX. Although if you won't be driving solo, the extra space it has over the Fiesta will definitely be a plus.

Otherwise, the Fiesta is the more practical choice. Cheaper outright, more economical, and will surely have lower maintenance/parts costs. At the expense of space, you get more toys than the GLS Lancer EX.

Cons of the Fiesta right now is the waiting time, the capless fuel-filler issue, and the still-to-be-determined reliability.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    EX na yan...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    1. value for money - Fiesta, with all the toys and fuel savings this is the one to get.

2. fun to drive - Fiesta I liked how it handles, Lancer I liked all that power, but steering wasn't all that good

3. porma - Lancer with a few minor mods, it'll look just like an EVO, which I think is the best looking budget sports car. Fiesta Hatchback very stylish, with modding potential, looks like a mini-SUV

4. more on city driving(from office to work) Fiesta 1.6, I think, because I don't like driving a Manual in heavy traffic

5. maintenance - about the same

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    1. value for money - Fiesta, with all the toys and fuel savings this is the one to get.

2. fun to drive - Fiesta I liked how it handles, Lancer I liked all that power, but steering wasn't all that good

3. porma - Lancer with a few minor mods, it'll look just like an EVO, which I think is the best looking budget sports car. Fiesta Hatchback very stylish, with modding potential, looks like a mini-SUV

4. more on city driving(from office to work) Fiesta 1.6, I think, because I don't like driving a Manual in heavy traffic

5. maintenance - about the same
    agree with sir jetrone on all counts!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    the lancer ex gls is also automatic-like... CVT...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the "Fun to Drive" portion...

The Lancer EX GLS as comes from the factory suffers a bit from it's 16 inch wheels with tall tires. Changing the wheels to the 18s from the GTA improves the handling a lot. Steering will become more responsive and precise.

The CVT tranny gives you the option of either a silky smooth automatic for easy driving in the city/highway OR shifting it in manu-matic mode, gives you six virtual gears which does a good job of mimicking a manual gearbox, great for keeping the revs up in fast paced driving.

For the money, the Lancer EX GLS offers you lots of interior space, more than most cars in this segment, equal to larger cars like the Carmy or Accord.

The big 2.0L engine may be a problem if fuel economy is a big concern. But it can also be enjoyable, the ability to accelerate quickly on a clear road can make it worth it.

Add to the fact that there are may mods that can be done to this car to make it more powerful and handle even much better if you have the budget for it.

The first few servicing schdules (1000km, 5000km, etc) is actually cheaper than expected because the warranty booklet offers free labor on the first few service schedules. You just pay for the consumables. I have my EX GLS serviced at the Mitsu branch near Green Valley. So far I am satisfied with their service and other Lancer EX owners also gives their thumbs up for that branch.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 21st, 2010 at 12:14 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *GH anu anu na nga ba mga mods mu sir sa EX? para matakam si TS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
ford fiesta sports or lancer ex(gls)