New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Only those two? no other choices? One with a diesel engine, like the Santa Fe would be nice.
    He wants a small car.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Your best option is the Hyundai Tucson, so what if your cousin has it already. Buy the one that's best for you. Plus get the diesel since you're paying for fuel, assuming Dad pays for the maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLOver17 View Post
    Fiesta is just a small car, therefore, ASX will be a better buy as it's just better. It's just like CRV vs Jazz, which will you pick?
    Some people would still get the Jazz over the CRV due to its fun-to-drive factor. But that's a minority. Most of us still follow the adage of "more expensive, the better"

*TS

I also don't believe with the criteria of "newest" car in the market. By all means, being new doesn't guarantee it's the best car in its category. Besides, if you're limiting yourself if those are your criteria.

If you're a student, a Fiesta would be more practical as a daily commute really. Eventhough it's your pop shouldering the bills, you should also consider that his money is your family's money. It isn't an excuse to spend more than what is required

As for the two, I'll go pick for the ASX too. Just seeing the horrendous legroom of the Fiesta made me go to the ASX camp. 400,000php difference is still a lot though. With that, you can simply upgrade your car (interior and exterior) and still have a lot of cash as extra.

Other alternatives you might wanna include:
    Lancer EX. You don't see many of these out on the roads, it's rather new, and gives pogi points due to aggressive styling.

Subaru Forester. Recently facelifted in 2010. More expensive but I'll fork over the additional cash for a family hauler and an elevated WRX.

Chevrolet Cruze. Newly released. Seems like a worthy contender if you could only remove the bias against Chevy's reliability. Prices are competitive too.

Hyundai Tucson. Still drool-worthy in the entry-level SUV market. You can't go wrong with bang-per-buck and fluid looks.

Honda Jazz. More or less "old" in the market but still lives up to its name. Fun-to-drive is second only to Mazda 2/Ford Fiesta chassis but at least you get a livable second-row and huge cargo space due to Honda's magic.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ako siguro kasama duon sa minority who likes small cars and that big is not necessarily better. Recently after driving my Yaris for a year and a half I have fallen in love with that small car. But then again I am single, and I go around my stores and my office only bringing a briefcase so space for me is not a huge issue. Once in awhile may makikisabay pero kasya naman sila... Pero kita ko gas bills ko and maintenance bills ko ang laki talaga ng binagsak since I started using my Yaris more frequently than the Santa Fe or the Accord... And sobrang sarap sumingit around and its so easy to park and toss around...

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn
    If you're a student, a Fiesta would be more practical as a daily commute really. Eventhough it's your pop shouldering the bills, you should also consider that his money is your family's money. It isn't an excuse to spend more than what is required
    Ganun na din thinking ko ever since. Kasi pera ng parents ko pera ko din yan. P1 less my parents have, P1 less of inheritance I get!
    Last edited by tidus1203; September 19th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Mitsu ASX for the win! Personally ako rin ayoko ng may kaparehas na sasakyan within relatives, at dahil hindi naman concerned ang budget get the ASX. regarding kung kaya yung consumption ng 2.0, I bet you can, ako nga kaya ko compared sa inyong may pambili ng ASX hehe.

Mitsu have solid engines, pinatunayan na iyan mapa-gas or diesel. yung ibang brands magaling lang sa gas variants, yung iba sa diesel lang.

Ford Fiesta is also a great car para sa akin kaso since your budget is not limited, get the ASX. isa pa babyahe din pala kayo minsan, trust me kapag malayuan ang byahe mas comfy kapag mas malaki ang sasakyan.

puwede maki-gulo?

Feeling ko the 2.3L Ford Escape is severely under-rated. I don't know about engine performance, pero the amenties are really nice. It's a well-built car, and quality is very evident as you enter. At just below 1M, I find it to be one of the better value cars. It won't be economical on fuel, as it averages the same 7-8kpl consumption as most CUVs, city driving. At least it isn't the thirstiest either.

O ayan... nang-gulo lang talaga.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well ang luma na kasi ng Escape eh panahon pa yan ng 2nd gen CRV... Pero in essence yes its good value. Pero wala Tucson pa rin ako, kalimutan mo na pinsan mo kung meron sila dapat di lang sya nag eenjoy ng the best!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ganun na din thinking ko ever since. Kasi pera ng parents ko pera ko din yan. P1 less my parents have, P1 less of inheritance I get!
    Problema lang may inheritance tax eh , so spend away! sympre pagwalang plano magbayad... sa Fiesta na

*thread

IMO, the problem with small cars is that every time it pours, you get a tingling reminder of floods which range from the simple "baha" lang sa kalye to full-blown "Ondoy" horror stories. In other words, takot ka sa..Manila.. ay! sa baha pala..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Mag Mitsubishi ASX ka kung yan naman ang ibibigay sayo ng parents mo.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Problema lang may inheritance tax eh , so spend away! sympre pagwalang plano magbayad... sa Fiesta na
    OT: Inhertiance tax pa pinoblema mo? hehehe there are clever ways to get out of inheritance taxes. Sa mga bank accounts dapat joint na lagi so wala ng transfer transfer... Or like we do things, open an offshore account so walang mwang mwang ang RP gov't kung nag tranfer kami ng money...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Sport vs. Mitsubishi ASX