New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    My dad will be giving me & my younger sister an early christmas gift for both of us. He wants us to choose between the newest car in the market right now,the ASX & Ford Fiesta. We were considering the tucson but my cousin has one already and i dont want to have the same car with him. I know the ASX & Fiesta are of different car type but we want a small car which would be easy to drive for me and my sister. The ASX is more expensive but it would not matter because dad will pay for it. We will use the car as a daily drive from our condo to my work & sometimes to my sister's school. We're also gonna use it to visit my parents in tarlac maybe twice a month. Please help us decide. thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Only those two? no other choices? One with a diesel engine, like the Santa Fe would be nice. But between the two, I'd take the ASX anytime. It belongs to a higher class, has higher ride height- which is always good given our bad roads and the frequent flooding. Its got a nice Evo-derived engine too. Its not that the Fiesta isn't good, but I would definitely pass that for something that has higher ground clearance and more space.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by S-U-V View Post
    My dad will be giving me & my younger sister an early christmas gift for both of us. He wants us to choose between the newest car in the market right now,the ASX & Ford Fiesta. We were considering the tucson but my cousin has one already and i dont want to have the same car with him. I know the ASX & Fiesta are of different car type but we want a small car which would be easy to drive for me and my sister. The ASX is more expensive but it would not matter because dad will pay for it. We will use the car as a daily drive from our condo to my work & sometimes to my sister's school. We're also gonna use it to visit my parents in tarlac maybe twice a month. Please help us decide. thanks

Kinda like choosing between an orange and a grape.

Anyway, I would choose the Mitsubishi ASX. More interior space, better chassis, more power, CVT version drives very smoothly.

The Ford Fiesta might look nice and cute but at the end of the day, it is still just a small car.

BTW, who pays for the gas?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Get the Fiesta, you said you want a small car that is good for city driving and a few out of town trips....
    The 5-door 1.6 Sport hatchback is the definitely the one you should buy, great value for money, comes fully loaded with a great transmission and an economical engine (gas ain't cheap that 2.0 ASX will be drinking out of your wallet)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The fiesta is a little bit cramped inside. Get the ASX instead. But I advice you test drive first both of your two choices. Goodluck!

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks for the quick replies. ill let my dad & sister read your replies. I want the ASX but my sis likes the fiesta. I prefer gasoline engine cars & havent owned a diesel car, Mom drives a CRV. I will pay for the gas expenses

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gawin mo na lang Lancer EX Vs Fiesta cause the ASX is really very different car class... Depende sa needs mo, kaya mo ba saluhin ang inom ng isang 2.0L? By the way the ASX for the CUV class is really small and the engine was quite sluggish as I recalled during the PIMS. I would advise still getting the Tucson even though your cousin has one already if you want a CUV.

The biased me goes for Fiesta. I am getting one myself!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by S-U-V View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies. ill let my dad & sister read your replies. I want the ASX but my sis likes the fiesta. I prefer gasoline engine cars & havent owned a diesel car, Mom drives a CRV. I will pay for the gas expenses
    If you want a small car, the Fiesta would be a nice alternative. Its a european styled/ engineered car loaded with features.
    Space? It won't be much of a problem if you guys are not 6 footers.

Price: P816K
    Engine: 121 PS 1.6 liter Ti-VCT inline-4
    Transmission: 6-speed dual clutch Powershift
    Some features: Bluetooth, Voice Control with USB Connectivity, 6 speakers, Dual-Airbags, ABS + EBD, ESP, Hill Hold and Launch Assist, fog lights, 16 inch alloys.

-Ford APA, paultan.org

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    The fiesta is a little bit cramped inside. Get the ASX instead. But I advice you test drive first both of your two choices. Goodluck!
    hahaha!!! both of us can certainly prove that....para tayong sardinas sa likod ng fiesta haha...well technically, dalawa pala kayong sardinas tapos ako yung hungarian sausage....

*S-U-V

if your only gonna choose between the two....mas ok na yung ASX...although the fiesta is really very tempting pero iba parin yung kahit papano mas malaki yung sinasakyan mo.... and the paddle shifters are really fun to use...though the powershift of the fiesta is really great...but the paddles still gives you a whole new driving experience... Seamless acceleration talaga on the ASX diba beniboy?
    Last edited by locoroco777; September 18th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So... basically your Dad wants to buy his kids a car, no questions asked, and he's willing to spend over 1m? I'd be looking very hard at available crossovers (a la CR-V, etcetera) with that kind of budget.

I'll say: base your decision not on what is newest in the market, but by what is best. Why buy a car simply because it's the latest model if something better is available for the same price?

If gas consumption is a major concern, go for the smaller car. If space is a bigger concern, go for the bigger car.

You're paying for gas, who's paying for maintenance and registration? If it ain't you, heck, I'd be tempted to look at a Focus diesel. But I'm biased... because I drive one. Or... for the price of one ASX, you get a base Fiesta and your sister gets an i10. Problem solved.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Sport vs. Mitsubishi ASX