New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I will buy a new car within the month, and I was already dead set on the Fiesta when our dealer informed us of a huge discount for the Focus 1.8 Trend 5-dr. Despite the Fiesta being a steal as is, the Focus seems to be a very attractive offer too. Considering that I could get a Focus for practically the same price as a Fiesta splits me in two.

I've heard about how good the Fiesta feels in driving and its fuel efficiency, which are my two primary considerations. How well does the Focus hold up against its smaller counterpart? The Trend Focus doesn't have the powershift, so how is its fuel consumption? Also, How much would maintenance for the Focus cost? I'm going for a test drive for both vehicles this week, so I'd get a feel of both. Or any other recommendations for around 850k?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gunpla View Post
    I will buy a new car within the month, and I was already dead set on the Fiesta when our dealer informed us of a huge discount for the Focus 1.8 Trend 5-dr. Despite the Fiesta being a steal as is, the Focus seems to be a very attractive offer too. Considering that I could get a Focus for practically the same price as a Fiesta splits me in two.

I've heard about how good the Fiesta feels in driving and its fuel efficiency, which are my two primary considerations. How well does the Focus hold up against its smaller counterpart? The Trend Focus doesn't have the powershift, so how is its fuel consumption? Also, How much would maintenance for the Focus cost? I'm going for a test drive for both vehicles this week, so I'd get a feel of both. Or any other recommendations for around 850k?
    I have an officemate with the 1.8 5dr a/t. comfortable naman talaga yung focus, yun nga lang, pag nagpapagas, pikit mata mo na lang pipirmahan yung card slip. from manila to subic via NLEX - SCTEX -TIPO, half tank na ang naubos. that's 95% highway driving. kasabay nito e lancer ex gls, almost 1/4 lang and a 1.6 lancer m/t, same with ex.

for 850k, you can opt for ex glx, civic 1.8V, Jazz/City 1.5, Altis 1.6G (mt or at), sentra gsx or Mazda 2.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Fiesta. The Focus is heavily discounted cause its going to be replaced very soon... Meron ng bagong MKIII na Focus...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I know about the 2012 Focus, but the car is needed immediately, so it was worth the consideration. Looks like it has to be the Fiesta. I've heard about how the Focus was a gas guzzler like its cousin the Mazda 3, but I didn't expect it to be like that. Also, the 1.8 Trend A/T is only 4-speed, so I guess it's bound to have bad fc.

Thanks!

For me, I will only consider a Focus TDCi, but will be in a totally different price range. So Fiesta for me, kung Focus petrol rin lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.8 Focus hatchback is the best driving of the Focuses... but the slowest. It's a big, comfortable car compared to the Fiesta and the Mazda2.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Evaluate your needs. If your requirements is a car for city driving and bring you from point A to B, then Fiesta would do. If you need the space, comfort and power, then go for the Focus.

I personally would go for the Fiesta and soup it up like Ken Block's car.

Last edited by Mguy; October 12th, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    I have an officemate with the 1.8 5dr a/t. comfortable naman talaga yung focus, yun nga lang, pag nagpapagas, pikit mata mo na lang pipirmahan yung card slip. from manila to subic via NLEX - SCTEX -TIPO, half tank na ang naubos. that's 95% highway driving. kasabay nito e lancer ex gls, almost 1/4 lang and a 1.6 lancer m/t, same with ex.

for 850k, you can opt for ex glx, civic 1.8V, Jazz/City 1.5, Altis 1.6G (mt or at), sentra gsx or Mazda 2.
    that's one gas guzzler sedan. my Santa Fe ni hindi pa naubos ang 1/4 ng full tank traveling that same route. eh ang laki pa nun

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Evaluate your needs. If your requirements is a car for city driving and bring you from point A to B, then Fiesta would do. If you need the space, comfort and power, then go for the Focus.

I personally would go for the Fiesta and soup it up like Ken Block's car.

OT: Ken Block is overrated IMHO.

And only the 1.6 Mz3 is the gaz-guzzler, relative to other 1.6 liter cars. The 2.0 is about average for a 2.0.

Anyway to the OP, for your choices, I'd pick the Fiesta.

But I'll also look at the Jazz for more space. And the Altis 1.6G for a bigger car altogether.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Fiesta is almost same fine driving machine as the Focus albeit smaller. Thing is, with the Focus and Fiesta, its like buying a shirt. Picking small over medium because that's what fits you. Plus, the fact that it consumes far less fuel and it is just a newly released model vs the soon to be replaced Focus. The Fiesta seems a better buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Sport or Focus Trend?