New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    After seeing the Fiesta at the PIMS, I am quite mix on it. Exterior and interiors look superb! But the 2nd row legroom sucks in my book. I adjusted the front seats to my position and sat at the back and boom my knees are hitting the front seats... 5'8"-5'9" lang ako... Definitely a bachelors car, I also own a Yaris and its more spacious than the Fiesta!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ^ yeah i agree i saw it kanina sa pims. nasobrahan ang hype dito sa tsikot.

when ford set the price at 800K+ only for top of the line, i initially thought it's the most value for money car. but in person, i can say it's just priced right. kitang-kita mo talaga na it's just made in thailand. imho, the spark looks better inside and out in terms of quality and design.

the other underdog that amazed me is the chevy cruze, but of course, we wont get one kahit na sobrang quality pa ang interiors nya, it's a chevy, and talagang na-burn na kami sa chevy.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kojie View Post
    just curious if the local fiesta has the same locks as the American ones?
    You can open the doors from the inside even if it is locked. Saw the reviews and that is one thing the reviewer was also worried about.

A bit of a safety concern if you had kids at the back.
    Rear child locks are standard. The Focus is the same, you get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    imho, the spark looks better inside and out in terms of quality and design.
    Did we go to the same show? Baka ibang world ang trade center na napuntahan mo?

Pero I agree... the pricing seems just about right for what you get, at least.

-----

I saw the Spark, and was genuinely impressed as to how it compared to the old Spark. The interior makes more sense, the design is fresh and clean. But the door handles on the outside felt insubstantial and some of the plastics were still very cheap feeling. And the seats... they're better bolstered... but still sort of feel like cushions tacked to the floor. Might be one of those "aching knee" cars, just like the first-generation Jazz.

Very roomy compared to the old car, though... and it's a much better competitor for the Picanto/i10 class than before. Yes, I still think it's rather cheap, and tacky in places (the i10 feels like a better quality product), but I can't wait to test drive it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Saw the Fiesta at the PIMS also. Other than the good price and better features, build quality of Honda Jazz and Mazda 2 seems to be better. Jazz is really more spacious compared to Fiesta Hatchback.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    If its me, I just drive a car from point A to point B so cornering-like-its-on-rails is not the most important thing or a deal breaker. Snobbish pricing and faux sense of prestige aside, the choice for me is the Jazz. It is more spacious passenger and cargo wise. Fold flat boot.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    In safety features, Fiesta wins.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    In safety features, Fiesta wins.
    which safety features does the fiesta have that isnt present in the jazz?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    the jazz has the same scores in the euro ncap. afaik

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    1. fiesta: first choice for me since it's new, more features than the 2, power is great, handling is also great. only down side is the fc.

2. mazda 2: handles great, better than the fiesta and jazz, steering is very sharp. features, not that bad but fiesta has better features.

3. jazz: best fc against the m2 and fiesta, performance is also good but the m2 and fiesta has better performance. personally i think the jazz is out dated na plus medyo biased ako sa honda di ko kasi talaga gusto ang honda.
    Why compare the handling of the Fiesta with the Mazda 2? I doubt anyone in the country except a handful has actually had a test drive of the unit. Also, different models have different electronics that may affect handling. For example, only the Sport model has ESP and TCS, and may handle differently from the lower models.

Also, all reviews of the fiesta give it best in class FC for the dual clutch models. http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/05/17...0-mpg-highway/

Better FC than the Fit (Jazz) and Yaris. Though the US/Euro version is different, we get the same engine and same aerodynamics, so it should be roughly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    For me, maganda ang Fiesta at Mazda 2. kaso question mark sa akin ang maintenance cost at availability of parts.

For a safe choice, I will go with the Jazz.

Pero kung same lang ang maintenance costs, pats availability, I will got for the Fiesta first then the Mazda 2.
    Ford Philippines has posted a comparison that states it has best in class cost of ownership. Along with the 24 hour guarantee on a lot of parts, the company is really fighting to shake off negative stigma promoted by die-hard Japan car fanboys.

http://www.ford.com.ph/servlet/Conte...YPage&site=FPH

I have no sense of brand loyalty. All our past 4 cars have been different brands. Cars are a big investment and you should do clear research on which will get you best value for money. Wag kang mahulog sa fanboyism.

Sir Niky has the best analysis already posted.

All in all, if it's going to be your only car, and you have a family, it might be better for you to get the Jazz for the space.

If you just need this for a second car, or if you don't have a family, you'll be happy with the Fiesta as your little toy ;)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
FORD FIESTA (hatch) vs HONDA JAZZ vs MAZDA 2