New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Can anyone help me come up with the best comparative check on these hatches?

I love the new colors of fiesta (green and orange) + Jazz' yellow
    Very vibrant and fits its young and hip market.

I hope though Jazz comes out with more color choices -- maybe the red again???

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    1. fiesta: first choice for me since it's new, more features than the 2, power is great, handling is also great. only down side is the fc.

2. mazda 2: handles great, better than the fiesta and jazz, steering is very sharp. features, not that bad but fiesta has better features.

3. jazz: best fc against the m2 and fiesta, performance is also good but the m2 and fiesta has better performance. personally i think the jazz is out dated na plus medyo biased ako sa honda di ko kasi talaga gusto ang honda.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    1. fiesta: first choice for me since it's new, more features than the 2, power is great, handling is also great. only down side is the fc.

2. mazda 2: handles great, better than the fiesta and jazz, steering is very sharp. features, not that bad but fiesta has better features.

3. jazz: best fc against the m2 and fiesta, performance is also good but the m2 and fiesta has better performance. personally i think the jazz is out dated na plus medyo biased ako sa honda di ko kasi talaga gusto ang honda.
    + 1 sa ford fiesta

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    the only thing that interests me in the ford fiesta is the unified multifunction display which also includes bluetooth and voice capability and the supposedly start stop engine function.

but come to think of it, all my previous phones had the bluetooth and voice capability but seldom used it . and now as early as before its launch, Ford has taken back the start stop engine.

so i guess it's still the Jazz. the Jazz is a better looker than the fiesta. am not really into cars that look long.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    On-paper specs:
    Fiesta
    Jazz
    Mazda2

Interior Space:
    Jazz (biggest trunk, best headroom)
    Fiesta
    Mazda2 (similar to other two, but trunk space tiny)

Interior Quality:
    Jazz/Mazda2
    Fiesta

Looks: (hatchback)
    Mazda2
    Fiesta
    Jazz

Agility:
    Mazda2
    Fiesta (according to other reviewers... I'll get my chance at this car soon)
    Jazz

Ride Comfort:
    Fiesta (again, according to others)
    Jazz
    Mazda2

Value For Money:
    Fiesta (1.6 Powershift starts at 766,000!!! )
    Mazda2
    Jazz

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Here's a short low-down of the specs on the Fiesta:

Regular 1.4:
    Driver Airbag
    ABS+EBD
    ISOFIX
    CD/MP3-Aux Radio 4-speakers
    Rear Wiper
    Rear Spoiler
    Rear Foglamp
    185/55R15 tires, alloy wheels
    EPS
    Immobilizer
    Keyless Entry

1.6 Powershift:
    6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission
    Electronic Stability Control
    Hill-hold
    195/50R16 tires, alloy wheels

1.6 Powershift Sport:
    Front Foglights
    Sport Suspension
    Trip Computer with economy, temperature, etcetera readouts
    Driver+Passenger Airbag
    Bluetooth/USB/Voice command
    6-speaker system
    Alarm
    Parking Sensors
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel

---

Warranty is 3 years / 100,000 kms. Major maintenance every 10,000 kilometers. 1k and 10k service is free. And they guarantee that the servicing is 32% cheaper than the "major competitor". So... Honda Jazz long-interval maintenance with price similar to the 5000 km checkup costs of Toyota and the others? Win-win.

And, mindful of Ford's reputation as taking too long to source parts... they're giving a 24-Hour guarantee. They guarantee that major parts will be available on-the-spot or within 24 hours of request. This includes uncommon but major items like Oxygen Sensors, Crankshaft Pulleys, Starters, Brake Calipers, Compressors and etcetera.

---

Looks very promising. Some niggles (not quite convinced by the plastics and the light doors), but still... what you're getting for the price is pretty cool.
    Last edited by niky; August 17th, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Wow. Parang sulit yung 1.6 Powershift Sport.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Any one want to buy a 6 months old swift?? I'll get a fiesta hahahaha :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    mga pre mas maganda ang dord fiesta . loyal ako sa fcp e hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Finally, a subcompact that can match the Honda Jazz in the power department! I doubt it'd be as fuel efficient, but I'm sure of the better performance, due to having the same power output as the Jazz AND having the 6 speed Powershift compared to the Jazz's 5 speed A/T. I was never a fan of the Mazda 2, its looks never did appeal to me, especally in sedan form, the engine gives just a paltry 103 horses compared to the others.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
FORD FIESTA (hatch) vs HONDA JAZZ vs MAZDA 2