New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    153
    #11
    My first car was a 1994 Toyota Corolla XL, bought it brand new and had casa maintained. Then I bought a 2005 Honda Jazz 1.3 MT, brand new ulit and casa maintained. Then I bought a 10 wheeler butterfly wing van Isuzu Giga subic auction this time, own garage ang maintenance. Next I bought a brand new 2008 Honda City 1.3 AT, still casa maintained. Then I bought a 2009 Ford Ranger Trekker 2.5 AT and it's also casa maintained.
    Lesson learned, pare pareho lang lahat ng mga casa, kahit kilala mo na yung mga may ari or yung mga GM ng dealers minsan palpak pa din ang service. Pare pareho lang naman kasi mga OEM ng mga piyesa kahit anong car brand pa yan, brakes, oil filter, spark plugs etc.

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,543
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    The rear passenger space of the fiesta is really cramped. So if you use the car with 3 persons on board most of the time, it would not be practical. But it looks damn nice!
    Based on a test by a 5ft 11 roadtester from the UK, with the front seats adjusted to his height (proper driving position), the he fits the rear, but it's a bit tight.
    If you are less than 5ft 11, and your passenger is less than 5ft 11, rear knee-room and headroom should be more than adequate.

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,179
    #13
    ^^ I'm sorry but I have to dispute this. I'm 5ft 8 and a lady friend was driving... I was seated at the back on our way to brc and it's really cramped. At our stop for gas at shell slex, I opted out and rode with another car.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,340
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    My first car was a 1994 Toyota Corolla XL, bought it brand new and had casa maintained. Then I bought a 2005 Honda Jazz 1.3 MT, brand new ulit and casa maintained. Then I bought a 10 wheeler butterfly wing van Isuzu Giga subic auction this time, own garage ang maintenance. Next I bought a brand new 2008 Honda City 1.3 AT, still casa maintained. Then I bought a 2009 Ford Ranger Trekker 2.5 AT and it's also casa maintained.
    Lesson learned, pare pareho lang lahat ng mga casa, kahit kilala mo na yung mga may ari or yung mga GM ng dealers minsan palpak pa din ang service. Pare pareho lang naman kasi mga OEM ng mga piyesa kahit anong car brand pa yan, brakes, oil filter, spark plugs etc.
    maybe the maintenance schedules are similar. but mechanic work quality is, i believe, not uniform. some mechanics still work better than others.
    and if you drive them cars to the ground without "maintenance", i am confident some cars will "drive to the ground" earlier than others. may mas matibay pa rin na sasakyan o piyesa kaysa iba..
    but automotive reliability really depends considerably on the TLC the car receives..

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,340
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Based on a test by a 5ft 11 roadtester from the UK, with the front seats adjusted to his height (proper driving position), the he fits the rear, but it's a bit tight.
    If you are less than 5ft 11, and your passenger is less than 5ft 11, rear knee-room and headroom should be more than adequate.
    beggin' to disagree, but... maybe if you're a package who doesn't need to move.. i'm 5'7", and i too find the fiesta cramped at the back.

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32
    #16
    Thanks for all your replies so far!

    Ford fiesta is already out of the option...I read comments here and horror stories at fordclubph that made me take it out from my list. Honda Jazz is still being considered, though with the City's cash discount offer makes the latter worth considering too.

    But then...

    I am more inclined to get another Altis, but still waiting for the cash discount that the SA can offer by Monday, since the quote she gave me was only good up until today, and they no longer had the medium silver 1.6G AT variant that we wanted at the dealership ( all MT units only)...hopefully there will be next week!

    But in case this does not pan out, what do you think about the Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLX 1.6 AT? Is it true that it comes with a rear camera for parking? And what do you think about Mitsu's maintenance? Comparable to Toyota? I read the "katayan sa casa" thread and it was kind of scary, though it also mentioned that all casas tend to have its fair share of headaches so it's not really limited to Mitsu.

    PS
    Not sure if I should start a new thread for this, given that the original thread title is already irrelevant to my recent query. Please let me know. Thanks!

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    28
    #17
    what horror stories regarding the fiesta?

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,179
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cherice View Post
    Thanks for all your replies so far!

    Ford fiesta is already out of the option...I read comments here and horror stories at fordclubph that made me take it out from my list. Honda Jazz is still being considered, though with the City's cash discount offer makes the latter worth considering too.

    But then...

    I am more inclined to get another Altis, but still waiting for the cash discount that the SA can offer by Monday, since the quote she gave me was only good up until today, and they no longer had the medium silver 1.6G AT variant that we wanted at the dealership ( all MT units only)...hopefully there will be next week!

    But in case this does not pan out, what do you think about the Mitsubishi Lancer EX GLX 1.6 AT? Is it true that it comes with a rear camera for parking? And what do you think about Mitsu's maintenance? Comparable to Toyota? I read the "katayan sa casa" thread and it was kind of scary, though it also mentioned that all casas tend to have its fair share of headaches so it's not really limited to Mitsu.

    PS
    Not sure if I should start a new thread for this, given that the original thread title is already irrelevant to my recent query. Please let me know. Thanks!
    I don't think another thread is in order.

    I have the ex a/t glx. I like how it drives (nice handling and good engine response) and more spacious than the city or jazz. The trunk was a turn off but then realized that it was a non issue since I don't really bring a lot of stuff. What did attract me more was the gps (I had to buy the micro sd), touchscreen, and aggressive looks. If you compute the cost to buy the city 1.3 a/t vs lancer ex 1.6 glx a/t, it's very close (this is on a cash basis). I just don't know on financing.

    Casa katayan? Not in my experience. Not sure with other issues but I had to return for a warranty claim sa kalampag. Wala naman hassle, they filed a report, ordered the parts, and it was taken care off. Cost of pms is comparable to other jap car manufacturers.

    I would still consider the altis... Better riding comfort than the ex. During the time that I was buying, the altis a/t was out of my budget.

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,298
    #19
    should it be 1.5 fiesta vs 1.5 AT jazz and not a 1.3 AT jazz?

  10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,833
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    ^^ I'm sorry but I have to dispute this. I'm 5ft 8 and a lady friend was driving... I was seated at the back on our way to brc and it's really cramped. At our stop for gas at shell slex, I opted out and rode with another car.
    You're prolly too large.

    -----

    Test drive, Test drive and test drive. Then decide. Stop making life complicated.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ford Fiesta 1.5 trend PS or Honda Jazz 1.3 S AT? Maintenance and Resale value