New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello again tsikoteers.

soon we're planning to acquire a pick-up and my dad and i is thinking of f-150 and explorer sport trac since it would be used as my daily driver (bahay-school, -school bahay) and nagustuhan namin itong mga ito kasi its gasoline fed. mas gusto kasi namin gas fed engines since mas tahimik and mas masarap sakkyan and malayo talaga ang responsiveness unlike sa diesel.

may Qs are:

ok ba ang performance nito?

is hard to maintain like 4jx1?

FC?

ano mga common sakit nito?

what to expect on this two?

explorer o f150?

TIA peepz

inputs from Ford peepz will much be appreciated

-SJ

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Scrap that idea and test drive first the Nissan Navara or Mitsu Strada. You're probably stuck with the perception of ancient diesels. hehehe

>
    Last edited by Horsepower; November 30th, 2008 at 11:05 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Scrap that idea and test drive first the Nissan Navara or Mitsu Strada. You're probably stuck with the perception of ancient diesels. hehehe

>
    :bwahaha: galit?

by the way we are not eying on a brand new unit . . .

crdi din naman trooper and my uncle has a grand starex crdi VGT. ok nga naman talaga perowe were done on diesels.

(mala kasi ferrari key-ring sa shell pag hindi V-power 100 isa) 49 lang pag V-power) :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    kung hindi mo pinoproblema ang pag-park and the congested school grounds, get any of the two. it doesnt matter anyway, pareho naman sila malakas sa gas

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sir anong klaseng f-150? yung sa kuya ko Lariat. hirap daw ipark sa UST. kung ok naman ang parking sa school mo, f-150 na. mas maiksi yata yung Explorer Sport Trac IMO.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    kung hindi mo pinoproblema ang pag-park and the congested school grounds, get any of the two. it doesnt matter anyway, pareho naman sila malakas sa gas
    Quote Originally Posted by crave View Post
    sir anong klaseng f-150? yung sa kuya ko Lariat. hirap daw ipark sa UST. kung ok naman ang parking sa school mo, f-150 na. mas maiksi yata yung Explorer Sport Trac IMO.
    yep. mura naman gas ngayon

parang mas type ko ang explorer since mas comfy sakyan sa second row unlike sa f-150.

parking is no prob since open parking naman po sa school ko.

whats the FC of this 2?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    yung f-150 a/t Lariat ng kuya ko, around 5-6 km/l city driving DAW. yung highway never niya pa nasukat.

pero mas fresh tignan yung Explorer Sport Trac. kaya lang naman ok yung f-150 kasi yung cargo bed malaki.

architecture student yung utol ko kaya kelangan niya ng malaking bed.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill take the sports trac againts the f-150. for me kasi f150 is like a work horse for big cargos.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If the F150 is a V8 then I'd take the F150. But if it's only a V6 then take the Sport Trac. The V6 for the F150 is too weak for it's size at least with Sport Trac it's a lighter vehicle even though it's still a weak V6.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i like the f150 better, looks massive and if you get the 4x4 v8, you'll have lots of horse power. the explorer for me looks outdated even when it first cameout. just my opinion.

Ford F-150 vs. Ford Exploer Sport Trac