New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I need your opinion regarding these 2 SUVs. I know they are different but these are the 2 SUV models that fits my budget of 1M. Sportage is at 988k while Escape comes at around 1M with discount.

Design wise, I think Sportage is better. In terms of features though, it seems Escape. I'm inclined to go with Escape because it's already AT. However, I think the new Escape model is about to come out next year. So if I buy it now, parang luma na agad next year unlike the Sportage na very modern ang looks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Pag bumili ka naman talaga ng Escape, mukhang luma talaga. It hasn't gone through a major redesign since 2003 IIRC. Puro cosmetic upgrades but the overall design is still the same.

I'd say you extend a little and go for eiter the Tucson GLS or Sportage EX instead.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    2001 pa lumabas ang Escape. Kahit san mo tignan. Luma pa din talaga sya. Imagine gen 1 CRV inabutan pa nya, eh gen 4 na CRV ngayon. That should give you a hint.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go with jut703's suggestion. Save up a bit more for the Sportage EX. The Escape is way too old already.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks for the comments. I think it's quite obvious na hindi na attractive ang Escape. OK ba ang MT sa mga SUV or should I really go for the EX AT ng Sportage?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermatrix View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I think it's quite obvious na hindi na attractive ang Escape. OK ba ang MT sa mga SUV or should I really go for the EX AT ng Sportage?
    only you can answer that. i prefer manual, that would be a perfect model for me. base with manual tranny. cos i like driving manuals.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    only you can answer that. i prefer manual, that would be a perfect model for me. base with manual tranny. cos i like driving manuals.
    Kaya lang at that 1M price level, nakakapanghinayang na hindi pa automatic. Sabagay, ok din ang manual. Yun lang baka mahirap ibenta after 5 years.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ok naman drive ng manual na CUV coz it's light body naman. don't buy the Escape bec. of CASA.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ok naman drive ng manual na CUV coz it's light body naman. don't buy the Escape bec. of CASA.
    Pa clarify naman re. CASA of Escape. Mukhang i'll go for Sportage MT na nga.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermatrix View Post
    Kaya lang at that 1M price level, nakakapanghinayang na hindi pa automatic. Sabagay, ok din ang manual. Yun lang baka mahirap ibenta after 5 years.
    Ako naman, i thought of the otherwise, parang mas easier sell ang manual on the long run. Because it's repairable, matics are replaceable naman. Just a thought. I twice changed tranny on 2 used cars I bought. While in manuals, you can buy clutch disc, release bearing etc which costs far less

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ford Escape XLS AT vs. Kia Sportage LX MT