New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Between the two, I still find the Escape the most practical to maintain in the long run. I have friends who have an Escape and I tell you they are happy owners

The plus factor for me in the Subaru is its uniqueness since it ain't that common that you see one right around the corner. Although it may not be as pretty as the Escape, Subarus are known to take a good beating and an exceptional build quality.

:twocents:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I wouldn't call the FXT's looks sporty. hehehe. Dami ngang nag-aakala na Revo ako eh. Pero kung aandar na o kung magte-test drive ka, sarap to drive it. You'll tack on the miles and thank your stars every 10k lang ang regular PMS ng FXT.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks alot! you guys are great pup2,so does that mean you think the escape looks better than the forester?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsten View Post
    thanks ossi. sorry to be dense but what's a manual from hayne's? a car manual?
    it's a 3rd party "book" on how to do a DIY on your car. these guys strip the cars and document the steps in pix and text, complete from regular maintenance to overhaul. just get yourself one so as to have an idea on how a mechanic should approach a job. you can look it up in Amazon

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sa looks? Yes, palagay ko mas maganda looks ng Escape. OTH, OK din magka sleeper car na kayang gumulat ng mga nag-aakalang revo siya -- hindi pa nakawin. Mas vinalue ko ang performance, reliability, at safety pati. I suggest you test drive them both para you know what you're getting.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ok.you guys are very helpful...as always i will have to make my decision this week for ford is offering the discount until the end of the month only. atleast now i know more things...fording capability...that's somthing i need to look up majority of you seems to like the escape better so i'm kinda leaning towards the ford.thank you all so much!...ossi,niky, i WILL buy that manual.i think i will need itl

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    HBV,memphis, thanks alot for your inputs

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    We have an Escape 2.3 in the household, but i prefer to have the Forester. The A/T in the Escape is stupid, to the point that it's annoying. You're either driving the car balls out, or like your granny. Otherwise you end up with a situation like this:

You want to pass a car, but there isn't that much of a need to speed up. You give the escape a bit more throttle. (Revs rise, but it'd be nice to downshift) You give it a bit more throttle. (The escape continues to hold gear, you're about level with the car you're passing) A bit more throttle to make it past the car you're passing. (Finally the car shifts down! At this point though, you're revving so high that it's time to shift up again...). Stupid transmission! Why is it like that? I swear to got there is no more annoying A/T than the one you can get in the Escape.

It's not only me, I have a friend who's had the Escape 3.0li. This is the sort of guy who likes all sorts of cars, and can appreciate what they're made for.. but the Escape as he describes it, is "the only car that makes me rather want to walk".

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^gear hunting huh? i thought it only happens on uphill climbs?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If your concern is fording capability, the Escape and Forester might not be the best vehicles for you.

The Escape will probably give you better fuel consumption and lower maintenance costs. I'm about to replace the brake pads on my Forester it'll cost me 8100 for the pads and 1250 for labor!

As far as reliability goes, I keep reading on the net that Subarus are very reliable cars. I haven't had my ride long enough to verify this but I'm inclined to believe it for my wallet's sake.

If I had to choose all over again, my personal preference would probably be:

Forester 2.5XT > Escape 3.0 > Forester 2.0X > Escape 2.3

This is based purely on "wala lang" considerations. hehe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ford Escape vs. Subaru Forester