New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Hindi ka nalupitan sa climbing power ng Starex? Hehe~ CRDi ba yung dala mo o yung TCI lang?

Yung ninong ko may GS HVX. Ang sarap sakyan at napakalupit humatak nito!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    in terms of riding and driving comfort - starex
    in terms of FC, resale and looks - Grandia

have driven both vehicles Manila-Baguio route, parehong puno ang loob.

Grandia

- tipid sa diesel... consumption ko is less than half tank
    - lupet sa akyatan sa kennon road
    - sakit nga lang sa katawan pag long drives.

Starex

- FC is 3/4 tank... although climbing power is ok, mas ok pa din yung sa grandia.
    - very comfortable driving posture. sarap pa ng aircon.

depende pa din sa iyo yun bro.... depends on your purpose.
    really? 3/4 tank going up to baguio? baka naman you went macarthur hiway all the way from balintawak? my worst FC on a GS going up to baguio, fully loaded with 9 and luggage, is approximately 1/4 tank via nlex/sctex/magilas/kennon. i do not even bother filling up at rosario anymore since i know going around baguio on a weekend will still leave me enough diesel to get down from there.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Grandia

Starex

- FC is 3/4 tank... although climbing power is ok, mas ok pa din yung sa grandia.

aside sa space, driving and passenger comfort should be your main consideration in choosing a van. kawawa naman passenger mo kung hiace grandia pipiliin mo kaya i choose starex.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    we own both starex and grandia right now. the starex would be a better daily driver than the hiace since it's shorter and the ride is much better. fc of the grandia is a bit better and there's more low end torque which makes it feel faster than the starex, but the starex will be faster once you reach 80kph-100kph. anyway the starex has more leg room and the ride is much much more comfortable than the grandia, also the interior space is bigger since it is wider. as much as possible i avoid driving our grandia and let our driver drive it when i want to use the grandia unlike the starex which i'd rather drive than the grandia.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    to all!

thank you very much for all your opinions, suggestions and comments.

we'll go for grand starex crdi vgt gold at. don't get me wrong about the number of persons. we're just 8 + 2. you're right, van is the right thing for us.

thanks everybody!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    last advice, don't get your unit from HARI dealers. get it from either hancars or pitstop. mabwibwisit ka sa HARI maintenance schedule which is every 3months. dun ka na lang sa hancars/pitstop where the pm schedule is 5000km/6months.

ako i do not follow HARI pm schedule. kanila na ang warranty nila but i refuse to be a milking cow.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Agree with the above post. If your place is near the grey market dealer, get from there. Kumpletong kumpleto pa ang features kung HVX ang kinuha mo.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    last advice, don't get your unit from HARI dealers. get it from either hancars or pitstop. mabwibwisit ka sa HARI maintenance schedule which is every 3months. dun ka na lang sa hancars/pitstop where the pm schedule is 5000km/6months.

ako i do not follow HARI pm schedule. kanila na ang warranty nila but i refuse to be a milking cow.
    thanks for the tips! how about the hyundai dealer in alabang zapote road across honda alabang?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Grandia

Starex

Compared against CRDi VGT ba ito? 102 hp *3,600 with max torque of 260/1600 for Grandia vs. 174hp *3800 with max torque of 402/2000 for Grand Starex?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mmv12 View Post
    thanks for the tips! how about the hyundai dealer in alabang zapote road across honda alabang?
    Don't talk to a single dealer only. Mag canvass ka, some dealers give more freebies than others. Hyundai dealer in Alabang Zapote is from HARI.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Which of the following is ok?