New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    hi everybody!

would like to ask your opinions and comments about our plan to buy a new diesel suv or van. the said vehicle will be used mostly within metro manila only and sometimes, once or twice a month out of town trips. we're choosing between the following with a price range between 1.7m to 1.8m.

suv
    - toyota fortuner
    - mitsubishi montero
    - kia sorento
    - hyundai santa fe
    - isuzu altera

van
    - toyota hi-ace super grandia
    - hyundai grand starex crdi vgt

if you can site a brief pros and cons, would appreciate it so much.

thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mmv12 View Post
    hi everybody!

would like to ask your opinions and comments about our plan to buy a new diesel suv or van. the said vehicle will be used mostly within metro manila only and sometimes, once or twice a month out of town trips. we're choosing between the following with a price range between 1.7m to 1.8m.

suv
    - toyota fortuner
    - mitsubishi montero
    - kia sorento
    - hyundai santa fe
    - isuzu altera

van
    - toyota hi-ace super grandia
    - hyundai grand starex crdi vgt

if you can site a brief pros and cons, would appreciate it so much.

thanks in advance!
    How many people will you be carrying most of the time? If mga 5 lang with 7 being rare, I'd suggest the Santa Fe.

Any more than that, the Starex.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    How many people will you be carrying most of the time? If mga 5 lang with 7 being rare, I'd suggest the Santa Fe.

Any more than that, the Starex.
    lets say, monday to thursday - 6 adults and 1 kid. while from friday to sunday - 8 adults and 2 kids.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    8 adults and 2 kids would never be comfortable on a 7 seater suv unless half of the adults are midgets. go for the starex which will sit all your passengers comfortably with some luggage space and the ride is much better than a montero, fortuner, isuzu and hiace.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    8 adults and 2 kids would never be comfortable on a 7 seater suv unless half of the adults are midgets. go for the starex which will sit all your passengers comfortably with some luggage space and the ride is much better than a montero, fortuner, isuzu and hiace.
    that is what we're thinking also. how's the review of starex?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mmv12 View Post
    that is what we're thinking also. how's the review of starex?
    Passenger: 6+1 or 8+2 eh van nga talaga sir ang kailangan mo. Review of starex is so far good naman according to owners. Just visit the Hyundai Starex thread.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo na lang ang thread "hyundai starex gen 4". di ka magsisi sa grand starex. powerful engine, good car-like ride. i can drive this van the whole day and not get tired. not like your other choices (fortuner, alterra, hi ace) na matagtag ang ride.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    exclude the SUV. i prefer starex. but i think hiace is more fuel efficient? correct me if im wrong. and if you're planning to keep it for 10+ years, hiace will be better

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

6+1 and 8+2,- then SUV is no good for you.

Van ka nga bro.

Test drive ka ng Hi-Ace and Grand Starex and decide which is the better one for your requirements.

16.2K:bat:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    thanks to everybody.

question. is the starex can also be our everyday vehicle? isn't to large? or even it is huge, very light to drive.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Which of the following is ok?