New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would choose the Ford Focus TDCi ... Practical to own, a lot of fun to drive yet easy on the wallet when it comes to fueling it up.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ford Focus all the way for me. . . Torque wise anlupet, tipid pa sa crudo, and ultra megasonic hinayupak ets so past pare . . . . . (not that I am a fanboi ha, nope, pero have driven one and its on my wish list together with its 4x4 brethren the trekker XLT).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was also able to drive one. Lupet nga. Solid solid..hehe..fanboi here..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Focus TDCi all the way for the BMW esque ride, Handling and Superb Pulling Power of the Turbo... sa Lancer lang ako kung Evo. which is too expensive anyhow. ha ha.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No comment yet... the new Lancer isn't being sold yet. No local motoring journalist has also test driven it extensively (save for the round the parking lot thingie that C! did before). Also, the pricing of the Lancer is not yet final... the spec sheet is still not yet final... there's nothing to compare really for the best "overall package".

If you want a frikkingly fast car now, go and buy the Ford Focus Diesel...

bigbigcar.com Review: Suzuki Alto

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Either that... or a Subie Impreza WRX...

The naturally aspirated 2.0 just doesn't do it for me. We drove the 2.0 non-turbo in the Legacy before, and while the handling is great and the engine revs entertainingly, a non-turbo engine mated to AWD just doesn't go very quickly by any measure.

I'm obviously a TDCi fan. It's a fun car to burn rubber in... tire squealing out of every corner is made easy by the best stock clutch on the market. I'm convinced that the TDCi's clutch is probably milled from the same metal as Thor's hammer, because that's what it feels like when it bites. The car will probably rust away to dust (in, like, 200 years) before the clutch gives out...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    *This* Mitsu fanboy picks the Focus TDCi.

I find myself tickled by the notion of a torquey, sporty European-engineered diesel hatchback that's locally available.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 27th, 2008 at 04:29 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ayaw ko lang talaga sa Ford Focus is yung interior. Parang the material used is not right. looks cheap and madaling maluma. Kayo guys anong comment nyo sa interior ng ford focus?

Lancer, been waiting for this car to come out. Nagsasawa nako kakaantay kaya yoko na. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo123 View Post
    Ayaw ko lang talaga sa Ford Focus is yung interior. Parang the material used is not right. looks cheap and madaling maluma. Kayo guys anong comment nyo sa interior ng ford focus?

Lancer, been waiting for this car to come out. Nagsasawa nako kakaantay kaya yoko na. hehe.
    Ang tagal nga, tuloy wala pang nakakapagreview locally...I find it most of Filipinos will always go to fast cars....right?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Either that... or a Subie Impreza WRX...

The naturally aspirated 2.0 just doesn't do it for me. We drove the 2.0 non-turbo in the Legacy before, and while the handling is great and the engine revs entertainingly, a non-turbo engine mated to AWD just doesn't go very quickly by any measure.
    Have you driven the current model non-turbo Impreza 2.0?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Focus TDCi vs. All-New Mitsubishi Lancer GT