New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by macstar1 View Post
    Pero chief, sa presyo ng civic ngayon, konting dagdag na lang e camry or sonata na.
    punta ka website ng Honda check mo ulit price ng civic. Meron na Thai units

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by randyps123 View Post
    Hindi largest in its class interior ang elantra mas malaki civic he he. I will go with the focus kasi bago sya saka sana maayos ng hyundai service nila
    In terms of passenger interior room? I beg to disagree. I've driven and ridden in the backseat of both and the Elantra feels roomier. The current FB is just a tad more spacious than the FD it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yung TOTL models ng compacts ngayon humahabol na sa price ng mga lower-end mid-size cars. Will you spend 1.2-1.3M for a compact or spend 1.3-1.4M for a midsize car? Yung Suzuki Kizashi looks like a good deal at 1.288M or the low-end Sonata at less than 1.4M.
    The TS is talking about the low end variants of the Focus and Elantra, so I don't really understand why TOTL compacts are brought in the picture. Anyway, the argument for TOTL compacts over entry-level midsize sedans is that they're cheaper (200k is still 200k) and yet offer the same level of equipment (or even better).

The Kizashi isn't a very compelling car if you ask me. Its specs are pretty ho-hum (no fog lamps by default, urethane steering wheel, fabric seats, no parking sensors, no HID, but at least it has 6 airbags, traction control, climate control and push-button ignition). When I drove it, the 2.4L engine didn't feel very punchy. Perhaps it's because of the CVT, which made the overall experience just about the same as if I was driving a 2.0L engine. If anything, it's got a little bit more space than the TOTL compacts, but still not as much as the other mid-sizers.

Quote Originally Posted by eido View Post
    punta ka website ng Honda check mo ulit price ng civic. Meron na Thai units
    The 1.8S is priced at 908k for the MT and 948k for the AT. For that price, here's what you get:

- Tiny 15" rims
    - No parking sensors
    - No fog lamps
    - Fixed rear seats
    - No turn signal indicators

Compared to the price of the 1.8E, it's not that bad. But if you consider that the Elantra GLS is just 10k away and yet offers more kit, then it loses its value-for-money proposition. Of course, once you take in the badge factor, Honda suddenly blows Hyundai out of the water.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Elantra 1.8GLS

Panalo ka with everything. Wala ka issue sa reliability since 4 years mo lang naman pala plan i-keep.

Nagiging doubtful lang minsan mga tao sa quality ng bagong Hyundai kung mahigit isang dekada mo itatabi sayo. Hehe.

Ganda nung 1.8GLS kapag black. Kaso hirap lang ata stocks?

Pero kung 1.6L AT lang talaga gusto mo. Ok pa rin.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Elantra 1.8GLS

Panalo ka with everything. Wala ka issue sa reliability since 4 years mo lang naman pala plan i-keep.

Nagiging doubtful lang minsan mga tao sa quality ng bagong Hyundai kung mahigit isang dekada mo itatabi sayo. Hehe.

Ganda nung 1.8GLS kapag black. Kaso hirap lang ata stocks?

Pero kung 1.6L AT lang talaga gusto mo. Ok pa rin.
    Medyo lamang pa rin nga ang 1.8GLS elantra sa Civic 1.8S
    In my personal experience, hindi ko na kinailangang magdagdag ng accessories sa Elantra ko, except for the freebies na reverse camera, visor at LCD rear view mirror. Acceptable din ang audio quality.

Ang major advantage nga lang ni Civic e kung every 10K ang PMS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    In terms of passenger interior room? I beg to disagree. I've driven and ridden in the backseat of both and the Elantra feels roomier. The current FB is just a tad more spacious than the FD it replaced.
    Napapag-alaman kung sino ang may ano

Elantra vote ko dito. Mas okay kung 1.8 GLS na. Tsaka kesa Civic FB, used FD parin.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Freebie yung reverse camera mo and rear view mirror? Cash, in house or bank po ka? Kung in house ka hindi talaga freebie yan. Lamang talaga elantra gls sa civic. Pero civic binili namin hehe

Kung ako sa ts between ambiente and the elantra. Elantra na. test drive ka pala para maramdaman mo yung handling ng kotse. Idaan mo sa lubak. Apakan mo ng todo yung accelerator from stop. Press on the brakes hard. Magsama ka pag nag test drive paupuin mo sa drivers seat yung seating position nya saka ka umupo sa likod. Do the same on both cars with the same person sa harap

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Focus ako! I love driving eh and knowing its a Ford I am sure it will drive much much better with better suspension setup than an Elantra. The Korean don't know how to make fun to drive cars yet...

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    [QUOTE=jut703;1999048]In terms of passenger interior room? I beg to disagree. I've driven and ridden in the backseat of both and the Elantra feels roomier. The current FB is just a tad more spacious than the FD it replaced.

mas malaki nga elantra according to motor trend kakatingin lang he he he. nung nagtest drive ako kasi kala ko mas malaki ung civic pero in paper ito nakalagay

civic

Internal dimensions: front headroom (inches): 37.9, rear headroom (inches): 37.1, front hip room (inches): 50.5, rear hip room (inches): 51.4, front leg room (inches): 42.0, rear leg room (inches): 36.2, front shoulder room (inches): 56.6, rear shoulder room (inches): 53.3 and interior volume (cu ft): 92.1

elantra

Internal dimensions: front headroom (inches): 40.0, rear headroom (inches): 37.1, front hip room (inches): 53.5, rear hip room (inches): 52.7, front leg room (inches): 43.6, rear leg room (inches): 33.1, front shoulder room (inches): 55.9, rear shoulder room (inches): 54.8 and interior volume (cu ft): 95.6

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Focus ako! I love driving eh and knowing its a Ford I am sure it will drive much much better with better suspension setup than an Elantra. The Korean don't know how to make fun to drive cars yet...
    Genesis Coupe 2.0T/3.8V6 ?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Thanks for the insights! Keep 'em flowing :-) Other questions:
    1. Does hyundai require pms every 5K/3 months? Honda and Ford require q10K/ 6 months
    2. Are there preferred hyundai and ford dealerships?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast