New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Kamusta mga tsikoters (moderators/members/advertisers).
    I am open for suggestions for a 2nd hand 4x4 family car.
    I will use it mainly for city driving, frequent travel to laguna and monthly travel to Bicol. I am planning a 5 door vehicle so our dogs won't be sitting with our little girl. With one child, we often times travel with lots of stuff. My wife will be the one driving it in times when I am not in the country or when I am heavily intoxicated.

MY two choices are between CRV 4x4 or vitara 4x4 ( both A/T para hindi manibago misis).
    Here are the things I am considering:
    1.Fuel efficiency
    2. SAFETY features ( ABS,AIRBAGS,SIDE IMPACT BEAMS, etc )
    3.Parts availabilty
    4.driving comfort
    5.Price range ( 200k - 320k)

I have read some forumns regarding VITARA and is willing to enhance its suspension.A little lift ng konti saka snorkel, Pang lusong na sa baha.Looking at the older models, most of them does not come with an airbag so it raises a concern .
    With CRV, I always liked its "car feel" interior. Saka mukhang ok na kahit stock.
    I also considered a HILUX SURF pero mukhang masyado na malaki ang makina.

Please feel free to give your 2 cents.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    CRV for me if we're talking about city driving. But for OFF-ROAD better get the vitara because the 4x4 system is better than the CRV...

How about the X-trail?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Vit is out of the equation since its interior space is very limited and FC isnt too good with the a/t model. Id consider this mainly if you are after off-road capability and suspension mods.

As for the 1st gen CR-V, fuel efficiency is okay (better than the 2nd gen), comfort is good due to larger interior space and sedan-tuned suspension, and it looks are already classic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honda CRV 4x4 or Nissan X-TRAIL 4x4 would be good choices for both interior space and riding comfort.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    1st gen crv is an excellent car. luwag sa loob, reasonable power, reasonable petrol consumption. can't go wrong here... pili ka lang ng fresh kasi medyo luma na nga.

once you get it, baba lahat ng fluids, change brake pads, clean a/c, change timing belt, engine thermostat and electric fan switch.

pick a unit that still has the original green coolant in the reserve. or, roadtest mo ng medyo matagal maybe 20 mins to see if it overheats.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mas maganda talaga yung 1st gen CRV. i actually like this better than the gen 2, mas classic at di naluluma yung style. don't get the vitara, parang ang luma nang dating compared to the CRV. it's also cramped and slower.

Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    1st gen crv is an excellent car. luwag sa loob, reasonable power, reasonable petrol consumption. can't go wrong here... pili ka lang ng fresh kasi medyo luma na nga.

once you get it, baba lahat ng fluids, change brake pads, clean a/c, change timing belt, engine thermostat and electric fan switch.

pick a unit that still has the original green coolant in the reserve. or, roadtest mo ng medyo matagal maybe 20 mins to see if it overheats.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Plus the Gen 1 CRV ironically gets better fuel consumption & gives better passenger comfort compared to its older brother the Gen 2 CRV

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my vote goes to the crv or the xtrail. the vitara is simply too small.
    but if driving comfort is the premium, i'd go for the 4 door sedans like the civic, corolla, or sentra.
    and my dark horse is the revo, adventure or hilander.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Why not add the Ford Escape (4cyl) or the Mazda Tribute to your choices??
    Otherwise, the Xtrail is a better proposition because you can get a newer car for a low price

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Why not add the Ford Escape (4cyl) or the Mazda Tribute to your choices??
    Otherwise, the Xtrail is a better proposition because you can get a newer car for a low price

Would the TS be able to afford those 3 said cars ( X-trail, Tribute & Escape ) with his max budget of 320k ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast