New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka...
    what if iba ang gusto ni misis? siya pala ang gagamit. hehehe...
    siguro, yung hatchback ang pipiliin nya?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd vote for the Fiesta. Looks great, drives great, lots of toys. Given its powerful engine, fuel efficiency isn't horrible. Most can reach 9 km/L in city driving.

Next would be the Accent - most spacious, looks elegant (esp. with the 16" rims), and lots of toys. Not a lot of owners of the 1.6 GLS to have conclusive FC figures, but it shouldn't be horrible.

I'd only consider the City if I wanted a safe choice, but it's 2012 and it's not really class leading in anything anymore. Used to have above par handling, til the Fiesta and Mz2 came in. Used to have class leading space, but there's the Accent now. Still reliable and spacious and relatively fuel efficient though.

Pero to sum it up:
    For a sporty yet practical everyday car - Fiesta Sport
    For a luxo subcompact - Accent GLS

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vicmacaraeg View Post
    Tulad ng iba, undecided ako kaya andito ako. hehehe

Here's my shorlist

Accent GLS CVVT Gas AT 828K
    Fiesta 5Dr Sports P5 AT 1.6L (Hatchback) 826K
    Toyota Vios 1.5 SE A/T 845K
    Honda City 1.5 E AT 836K

Kailangan ko A/T since si kumander ang parating magda-drive. Makikigamit lang ako. I'm 6 feet tall, so kailangan din ng enough headroom. Please don't include resale value, we're going to keep the car for a long time. Major requirements are good fuel consumption, readily available parts, comfort and safety.

Thanks!
    Fuel consumption, parts availability as paramount objectives, then you should stick with the Toyota. The Honda will also suffice, but parts availability will be limited mostly to casa, thus will be pricier. Forget the Hyundai and Ford. They are not known for preponderance of parts either in casa or outside.

As always, read the forums for these models for more details of actual owners experiences on these four aspects you mentioned. At this price range, they're shoulder to shoulder as far as comfort and safety are concerned.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    if you plan to keep it long term city or vios.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Vios, its the choice that makes the most sense for your requirements

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kung gusto mo talaga ng room, i'd recommend Elantra or Cruze..

sa 850K add ka na lang 7K Jazz na (yup bumaba ang presyo ng Jazz)

pero kung sa choices mo... i'd get the City

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Out na kaagad ang Vios kasi masikip. For your needs I'd suggest the Accent GLS. Even with just 4 speed A/T, hindi ito malaking factor in city driving, and the Blue Pack should reduce the fuel consumption further.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    with your requirement na fuel efficient and you'll keep the car for a long time, vios or city for me. cancel na fiesta, accent. 1.5G ok na. bulsa mo na yung 25k na difference

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    on your choices, I'd go with the Vios. Okay din ang City sa looks and performance but sa loob medyo nasisikipan parin ako (i'm 5'6" in height) compared to the Vios which my friend owns one.

You can also consider Swift and of course add 7k and you can go for a Jazz. much MORE space compared to the City IMHO.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chronophile View Post
    Forget the Hyundai and Ford. They are not known for preponderance of parts either in casa or outside.

Hyundai parts are everywhere now (thanks to korean cars/vans being used as public transportation). There are even surplus shops that specialize in Hyunda-Kia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast