New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Currently looking for an alternate car for coding and short trips within the metro, with a very limited budget of around 70-80K. So far I have narrowed down to the models and brands below based from current market prices. The car btw should also be comfortable enough to be driven by the wifey

I have listed the priority as follows:
    1st) reliability and road worthiness
    2nd) economy gas-wize
    3rd) parts availability
    4th) comfort (yes i put it last since this is an alternate car)

Thanks in advance guys. If there are models I missed thats worth reconsidering, pls post your comments as well.

Choices:
    Compact Sedans
    1988-1991 Mitsu Lancer singkit EL/GL 1.3L, all manual
    1993-1995 Mazda 323 LX 1.3L, all manual
    1989-1991 Toyota Corolla XL 1.3L, all manual
    1988-1991 Nissan Boxtype 1.3L/1.5L/1.6L, all manual to all-power
    1992-1993 Nissan B14 1.3L LEC, all manual
    1991-1995 Kia Pride CD-5 or LX sedan 1.1L, all manual
    1993-1995 Daihatsu Charade 2dr/4dr 1.0L, all manual
    1983-1985 Mitsu Lancer Boxtype SL 1.4L , all manual (although quite older)

Medium Sedans
    1988-1990 Mitsu Galant 6Gen SS carb engine 1.8L/2.0L, all power

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    for me Toyota Corolla na. 1.3L XL. yung apat na consideration mo ay nandito sa kotse na to.. except na baka di sya comfy sa wifey mo coz di sya power steering pero pwede mo naman palagyan to.. daming surplas sa banawe or evangelista..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mas madali alagaan ang LEC kaysa sa box-type Sentra... the earlier boxtype 12 valve isn't as good an engine, while the LEC is parts-interchangeable with almost any Sentra between 92 and 00. Plus, may power-steering na LEC (don't know if you can get it within your budget.)

Scratch the Charade... nice car, but tiny, tinny, and parts aren't that easy to find.

Box-type? Too old. Size not much different from the Pride anyway, so the Pride is a better choice.

I actually think the Pride is the best choice... has widely available parts, and they're very cheap. Not very good on the highway, but okay for driving around town.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    *niky
    thanks sir for the comments. Regarding pride, i would be leaning on getting the sedan for the trunk space for the trips to the market but others say its better to get the cd5 for better power-to-weight ratio which would mean lower gas consumption, than its lx sedan model.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i can not relate to other models except for the 1990 toyota corolla 1.3.. this i my first car.. and after 15 yrs of devoted service.. it still runs smoothly.. even my neice who is using it now, cant find anything against it.. treat it nicely and it will serve you well.. fuel efficient, and kahit 4 speed lang di ka mabibitin sa biritan...

sa ads, you can find this bet. 80 to 100K

jaz me!!!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ayos to, pareho tayo ng budget and im also planning to buy one with the same list of choices. makikisali nalang ako sa thread

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung para kay misis mas ok ang Pride (LX/GTX). Andaming babaeng naka Kia Pride maliit kasi at madaling ilusot.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga dude, tanong ko lang, matigas ba steering ng XL or manageable naman for women? this model has lots of parts still available and come to think of it, it has the same engine up to the current corolla A111 (new taxis after the bigbody). parang boxtype lancer ang price nito na nagstop na magdepreciate sa ave 80K and up. ang boxtype kahit luma na, it still can pitch 50K ave.

regarding kia pride gtx, i checked the prices, they are still around 100K and up. swerte siguro if i can find one around 70-80K. If I remember correctly, this one has a 1.3liter engine, power steering and front powerwindows right?

I saw a 1995 Mazda 323LX 1.3L sedan for 80K all manual...what do you think of this one mga bro? newer model kc but i have no idea when it comes to this particular brand and make. It just attracts me since its one of the younger cars in the price range (like the kia).

keep 'em coming...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    bro i would not buy the mazda If i were u ksi marami ako naririnig na madali ma sira yan. Pride best choice comfortable sya and lahat lahat or box-type na lancer pero para skin lng naman yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    my choice is the Corolla XL.

tama ka bro, ang engine na 1.3L 2E hanggang AE111 nakagamit nito.

ingat ka nga lang kase, usually yung mga hindi alaga na 2E ay mausok at malakas din sa gas. yung non power steering nito can easily be solved by adding pressure sa tires. solve na. i was actually think of the pride CD5 too but me, myself dont feel like driving a small car. sedan na ang pinakamaliit pwera na lang kung bago. but since we are talking bout secondhands Civic hatch na siguro ang pinakamaliit na gusto ko.

Mazda 323 LX as new as 97 models, you can get that also. i think our neighbor sold hers for 85k. all power with mags, leather and CD for 85K!
    mura din naman ang parts ng Mazda and widely available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Feedback on the following 2nd hand rides