New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Gotta agree with the above post. The 2.0 Focus powershift has the best acceleration. Torque is way higher than the rest together with a twin clutch transmission gives really good acceleration.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    mda, ikaw din ba yung nasa TFD?
    OT: Yup

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by leonzki View Post
    dami kc akong naririnig na sinasabing dapat 6 speed mt ang gear ng lancer ex m/t, and sabi nila mabagal ang 1st gear, pero cguro glx na kukunin ko pogi din kc eh

gusto ko kc ipang drag ito susubukan ko magdrag
    So you are into drag racing. Well, between your choices, I`d pick the 2.0 Civic. Yeah, the current model isnt into the racing style anymore compared to the 2.0 civics before esp with the racing blue color. Anyways, since money isnt an issue......why not get the Lancer EX GT-A ? :hysterical: Is it waayy too out of the budget?

Niky, why recommend the Impreza 2.0R if the TS could afford the Impreza STI. :hysterical:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    niky tama ka sa focus, kaso nakakaturnoff lang kc yung sikip ng interior, pero mas iseal nga sya pang drag...

mas magaan yung GLX kesa sa honda 2.0, anyways thanks 4 the comment, thanks sa lahat nakadecide nko sa lancer thanks po people

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    1385 ang curb weight ng gt-a mabigat

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    So you are into drag racing. Well, between your choices, I`d pick the 2.0 Civic. Yeah, the current model isnt into the racing style anymore compared to the 2.0 civics before esp with the racing blue color. Anyways, since money isnt an issue......why not get the Lancer EX GT-A ? :hysterical: Is it waayy too out of the budget?

Niky, why recommend the Impreza 2.0R if the TS could afford the Impreza STI. :hysterical:
    kung madami lang akong pera pang F1 na binili ko eh

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    iwasan natin ang mga palyadong comments dito please :hammer:

kung i drag race mo yung car, wag kang bibili ng A/T. kung gusto mo bumili ka nalang ng 2nd hand M/T na FD 2.0S. or mag settle ka na nga sa Lancer GLX.. or kahit GT ok na ;)

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by leonzki View Post
    which one is faster?
    civic 2.0 2009 curb weight = 1295kg
    or
    lancer ex glx 2009 curb weight = 1290?

sino kaya ang mananalo sa racing d2, gusto ko bumili ng car na mabilis namimili ako sa dalawa speed lang ang gusto ko wala akong care sa price,FC, and resale value. help naman po thanks
    +1 with the tdci. stock to stock its the fastest in its class as far as acceleration is concerned (mainly driven by its diesel torque and quicker- -than-manual shiftiing tranny). But it will surely get its heavy body left behind by the above mentioned cars in the top speed department.=)

Hmmm.. however, may I suggest we drill down to just the cars stated above in order for us to specifically answer sir leonski's query. -well noting he particulary said namimili cya sa dalawa. so I guess lets help him decide among the two

Its says there 2009 2 liter FD. since its an 09 model its safe to assume its the 5 speed A/T unit. weight? comes in at 1295kg

As for the 2009 lancer ex, GLX stripped out models are confirmed to weigh in at 1290 kg and utilize a standard 5 speed stick tranny.

power is almost the same at 155ps. But the Mivec powered Lancer holds slightly higher pulling output at 199 newton meters of torque (FD only manages somewhere close to 189nm) -4b11 and K20 hit peak torque at 4.2k rpm

Tale of the Tape

Power: both at 155ps at 6k rpm

Torque: Lancer is up by roughly 10nm

Weight: Lancer is slightly better off by 5kgs

Transmissiion: -this category is subjective. In a conventional linear drag race, a manual always has the upper hand over a standard A/T (except dual-clutches units) On the other end, auto gearboxes make a lot more sense in a Time Bracket Drag Race as automatics generally provide more consistent time passes whereas driver missed shifts and shift time derivatives are more prominent in a stick tranny. Having said that, a dual clutch tranny is the best of both worlds.

Suspension: Well from the factory, the FD has stiffer settings than the GLX since MMPC altered the settings for their entry level sedan to prioritize comfort over sporty driving. (GT and GT-A models have diff setup)

Modification Capacity: This is the most critical factor in drag racing. Honda is the most embraced manufacturer by the aftermarket companies. Tuning possibiliities of a Civic is tremendous, or any Honda for that matter. Having said that, there is nothing much to elaborate here. Honda has this category wrapped up hands down.

So to sum it all up, though honestly I havent gotten a chance to race or even test both cars in a drag race setting, I firmly believe, stock to stock, the entry level spec Lancer GLX will outdrag the two liter FD A/T but not much really (a car length or two and a half at most by the time they get to the 1320ft mark).

However, if one is willing to put a lot of money to both cars, then the Lancer doesnt stand a chance. In a drag race, the Lancer will surely see the FD braking a lot earlier. In circuit racing, the EX probably wont see which way the civic went.

Having owned three forced inducted awd Mitsus, my heart definitely goes to the Lancer. But my brain cells say otherwise.

Hope this helps sir.. =)

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    thank you very much JB20689, now i'm really going for lancer

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung ang lancer may kuyang evo x ano ang big brother ng civic? yun ba yung 2 door na US version? curious lang ako

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast