New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, there have been no complaints about Honda's VCM at this point. It will be a great thing to have in the highway as you will be saving a lot. But it might not be of much help in reducing gas consumption in city driving. If you are considering the 3.5V6 Accord, then go for it. It is one of the most spacious cars I have ever sat on. When I was in Taiwan, I had an opportunity to ride in an Accord cab. The rear seat was actually more spacious than the one in the W220 S320 of our host for dinner the previous night. Next would be the Sonata. The design and features make it very hard to refuse. However, the engine is a bit thirsty and its just a 2.4L. It might be even more compelling to get one if we are talking about the 2.0GDi Turbo or even just the 2.4GDi. Which you can import through the grey market, for your information, for AFAIK a price of approximately 2M, more or less depending on the kit included. I'd forget the Camry, too ubiquitous. Its default choice of car for an executive and you've already had a Camry. I'm not particularly fond of the Teana either. The design doesn't sit well with me and it is very overpriced.

On a side note, if your parents dislike the Kia brand, you might as well advice them to get the Santa Fe ReVGT 4x4. The chassis is derived from the previous gen (Accord clone) Sonata, higher ground clearance, more space and seating capacity are always a boon, and then there is that engine... :devil:

How many are you in the family? Have you ever thought of getting the Starex? The ride is great, its got lots of space and the performance is good too. It'll be very good for when you have to entertain guests or fetch someone from the airport. Besides, you mentioned that you have a driver, which makes this an even greater choice.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    On a side note, if your parents dislike the Kia brand, you might as well advice them to get the Santa Fe ReVGT 4x4. The chassis is derived from the previous gen (Accord clone) Sonata, higher ground clearance, more space and seating capacity are always a boon, and then there is that engine... :devil:

How many are you in the family? Have you ever thought of getting the Starex? The ride is great, its got lots of space and the performance is good too. It'll be very good for when you have to entertain guests or fetch someone from the airport. Besides, you mentioned that you have a driver, which makes this an even greater choice.
    We already have a family van (Starex), ladder frame SUV (LC120), two FDs and the Camry in question.

Opting for the Sta Fe is good, but we'll probably wait for the 2013 model, only if it provides at least the same level comfort and space as our Camry.

While I personally like the Sonata, looks like the Accord is the best compromise of what my parents want, driveability and comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    i'd go for the premium sonata. best value for money + looks. i also like the teana but i've lost all confidence whatsoever sa nissan. is the VCM of honda reliable, or will this cause problems in the long run? camry's just a bit old already. so if i were to rank these:

Sedans:
    sonata
    accord
    camry
    teana

forget the galant
    Leaving out the Teana on this one, sorry.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, looks like the choice is made for you. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Accord. Even if it looks more like a daddy car, the performance is still top notch as always. And then there's the space... Lots of it. I'm sure if push comes to shove, you can cram seven people in that car... perhaps even eight if some of them are children.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The current Sta. Fe looks dated already. For today's buyers, I'd suggest them to wait for the upcoming model if they won't be even considering the Kia Sorento 2.2 R-eVGT.

Going back, like I said my list in order of preference ...

1. Honda Accord 3.5L V6
    2. Toyota Camry 3.5Q V6 ( came ahead of the sonata just because it's the totl variant ... )
    3. Hyundai Sonata 2.4L Premium-package
    4. Toyota Previa 2.4 Q ( white pearl ) -- exceeds the budget by 400k, but a nice car to have.
    5. Hyundai Tucson 2.4L Premium -- 1.690M, iirc. Has a lot of perks and a pushy CRDi engine.

Too bad you guys didn't consider Nissans, as there are a lot of choices to choose from there such as the Teana and the X-Trail. But what can I say, first impressions do last.

And seriously, an overpriced RAV-4? Hehe. No, just no.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

4. Toyota Previa 2.4 Q ( white pearl ) -- exceeds the budget by 400k, but a nice car to have.
    AFAIK, the Previa is no longer being sold here since at least last April/May. The sales agent in Cubao told me he sold the last pearl white Previa in the Philippines.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    AFAIK, the Previa is no longer being sold here since at least last April/May. The sales agent in Cubao told me he sold the last pearl white Previa in the Philippines.
    Funny how Toyota had already updated their site but didn't bother to remove the Toyota Previa from their pricelist/line-up.

Oh well, thanks for the info!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    wala ng Previa sa line-up dahil they will push for the Alphard?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well ... looks like the Alphard's selling better than the Previa.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Previa has become redundant. For a "few" hundred thousand (around 300K), an Alphard 2.4li can be had already.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mukhang wait-and-see talaga with all the new redesigned models. Will consider the Sta Fe when new redesign comes out though.

Exciting time yata for an executive sedan/midsize CUV in the next years i guess. Willing to wait naman kami :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Executive Sedans, CUVs, SUVs