New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Legacy is, I think, ugly as an apartment block, but it's got a turbocharged boxer engine and AWD... which makes up for all sins...

The Mazda6, personally, is not tight, not quite like the old Mazda6 ...which really wasn't tight, either... being based on the 626, which was quite spacious for its time), but the class benchmarks have moved on.

In the case of the Camry and the Accord... they've moved a lot. If you're moving up from an older mid-sized car, the Mazda6 will seem perfectly spacious to you... but if you cross-shop, you'll note how much roomier and more comfortable cars like the Accord seem.

I love the Mazda6, very sporty feeling, good enough power considering the price... but I'm the kind to drive myself. It may feel tighter in front for bigger passengers because of the way Mazda builds center consoles, but otherwise, it's fine.

If I were buying for a back-seat passenger, though, I'd look elsewhere.

Again...(from other thread) Accord... great space... not quite as boring as the Camry, great engines... incredible interior quality compared to the competition. Only thing I hate is the grip of the stock tires, but that's easy to fix.
    Last edited by niky; March 29th, 2010 at 08:29 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I actually pay attention more on proportions rather than size. Having the right lumbar support and the just enough legroom is preferable. In big crashes, it was noted that bigger spaced interiors causes more injuries (because you have more room for possible whiplashes/ body displacement)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you guys want to add more cars to the mix... don't forget the Lancer EX.

The fact is the Volvo S40 is more comparable to the Lancer EX than to the Camry.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    I actually pay attention more on proportions rather than size. Having the right lumbar support and the just enough legroom is preferable. In big crashes, it was noted that bigger spaced interiors causes more injuries (because you have more room for possible whiplashes/ body displacement)
    And that is compared to being pinned in the car or crushed?

The fact that one is supposed to be wearing a seat-belt is being ignored by your statement.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    First of all, thank you to those who have given their opinions so far. I have learned much from all your inputs.

The car will actually be driven by a middle-age lady executive, although she might use a driver every once in a while (say twice a month). However, it could happen sometime in the future that she could get a full-time driver and it would be a nice option to have a car that fits this, but it is not A MUST HAVE feature.

She isn't very particular with horsepower (that is why we are opting for the 2.0L variant), but wants a respectable image as an executive. That is why the Volvo S40 / V50 was considered because as most of you have said, volvo wins over camry in terms of porma-image.

After reading thru your posts, we will take a look at the Subaru Legacy and maybe even the Mazda 6. My first impression though is that the Mazda 6 might not get the "respect" from fellow executives who have their cars (Accord, Camry, etc.) parked beside your car. This is just my uneducated first impression but will try and learn more about the Mazda 6.

To the Subaru Legacy lovers, how would you compare it to the Camry using the same set of criteria i posted earlier? I know that the Legacy is more expensive (2 M pesos) compared to the Camry but haven't seen one actually.

FYI, she is leaning towards the Volvo V50 as of now.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you guys want to add more cars to the mix... don't forget the Lancer EX.

The fact is the Volvo S40 is more comparable to the Lancer EX than to the Camry.

wahaha eto na ba ang famous lancer EX mo sir gh? hehe pics nga jan!

sorry OT:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post

But the TS said... will be used by an Executive. I assume he will drive it himself... Which is more fun to drive? For me, kung executive ka at naka-barong ka lagi abah baka mapagkalaman ka pang driver if your handling a Camry.
    Natawa ako LOL

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    1)
    But for the experience, I'd go for the Volvo.
    Camry will always be around the corner.
    You made me think.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Volvo was bought by a Chinese company (geely) from Ford.

so as far as impressions are concerned, you're gonna be driving a chinese car, not really something that would inspire confidence. hehee.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for the subaru!!!! CBU japan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Executive Car:  Toyota Camry vs Volvo V50 / S40