New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Foton is a tempting proposition especially now with the Cummins engines. But they are still unproven in the long run, and parts will be hard to come by out of the casa since they aren't Isuzu clones anymore.

I'd still go with Isuzu. Majority of Philippine truckers can't go wrong. Consider the Japan surplus Isuzus that the Japanese have grown tired of after ten years or so, disposed, made their way here, and driven to the ground for another twenty or thirty years, dismantled and converted into jeepneys and driven till they're supposed to be phased out but are still running... They're practically immortal! Euro4 Light duty trucks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Foton is a tempting proposition especially now with the Cummins engines. But they are still unproven in the long run, and parts will be hard to come by out of the casa since they aren't Isuzu clones anymore.

I'd still go with Isuzu. Majority of Philippine truckers can't go wrong. Consider the Japan surplus Isuzus that the Japanese have grown tired of after ten years or so, disposed, made their way here, and driven to the ground for another twenty or thirty years, dismantled and converted into jeepneys and driven till they're supposed to be phased out but are still running... They're practically immortal! Euro4 Light duty trucks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Good point sir. We are going to Isuzu casa tomorrow and will take a look of NLREuro4 Light duty trucks

Sent from my Mi Note 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung light duty trucks lang ang paguusapan for me 2 lang na brand ang ok, Isuzu and Mitsubishi only although mas maganda experience namin sa Canter compared to the NKR, most of our Canters were bought way back in 1993 and its still going strong, some have around 700,000km on it already, of course the engine has been overhauled at some point in time but its still running on the original engine, we have a few NKR’s too which was bought around 1996 and ALL of them had an engine change already, I blame it to the inferior 4BE1 Isuzu engine, the newer 4HF1 is much better. Because of our experience with both Isuzu and Mitsubishi, we bought 2 units of Canter last year to replace some of our old trucks.

Yung Hino ok din sana but replacement parts can be pricey and not as abundant as Isuzu and Canter parts that’s why we never considered a Hino

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Also think when ot comes time to sell. Resale value, definitely go japanese

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Go for the isuzu nlr. It is already the blue power engine, which is also a euro-iv compliant one and the power plant is a 3.0l turbo crdi that came originally from the old d-max too, which is known to be fuel efficient. So yeah, I think proven na yung engine na yan.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Go for the isuzu nlr. It is already the blue power engine, which is also a euro-iv compliant one and the power plant is a 3.0l turbo crdi that came originally from the old d-max too, which is known to be fuel efficient. So yeah, I think proven na yung engine na yan.

Panagpayohan kami sa LTFRB Attorneys dito sa amin na Euro IV trucks na ang kunin namin para sa aming future expansion sa aming Logistic company. kasi raw my plano in the future ang mga malaking malls na hindi na sila tatanggap ng deliveries na hindi gumagamit ng Euro IV delivery trucks. Kami raw ang mahirapan. Nasa probinsiya kami may Gaisano, SM, Robinsons at iba pa.. pero hindi sigurado maglagay ba dito ng EURO IV diesel ang mga gasoline stations. At saka EURO IV TRUCKS is priced 200K more expensive compared to Euro II and EURO III. Ano masasabi mga PAPS.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguartiu View Post
    Panagpayohan kami sa LTFRB Attorneys dito sa amin na Euro IV trucks na ang kunin namin para sa aming future expansion sa aming Logistic company. kasi raw my plano in the future ang mga malaking malls na hindi na sila tatanggap ng deliveries na hindi gumagamit ng Euro IV delivery trucks. Kami raw ang mahirapan. Nasa probinsiya kami may Gaisano, SM, Robinsons at iba pa.. pero hindi sigurado maglagay ba dito ng EURO IV diesel ang mga gasoline stations. At saka EURO IV TRUCKS is priced 200K more expensive compared to Euro II and EURO III. Ano masasabi mga PAPS.
    Euro 4 na lahat ng gas and diesel in the whole RP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Euro 4 na lahat ng gas and diesel in the whole RP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Salamat sa info Sir JJB wala man lang info ang mga gas station sa amin na Euro IV na pala ang mga gas nila. Mukhang wala sila paki bihira lang ang mga Euro IV tumatakbo dito sa amin. Mukhang matutuloy na ang pag shopping ko ng Euro IV truck.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Isuzu ka na sira na ang kaha hindi pa ang makina

10. Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Kung light duty trucks lang ang paguusapan for me 2 lang na brand ang ok, Isuzu and Mitsubishi only although mas maganda experience namin sa Canter compared to the NKR, most of our Canters were bought way back in 1993 and its still going strong, some have around 700,000km on it already, of course the engine has been overhauled at some point in time but its still running on the original engine, we have a few NKR’s too which was bought around 1996 and ALL of them had an engine change already, I blame it to the inferior 4BE1 Isuzu engine, the newer 4HF1 is much better. Because of our experience with both Isuzu and Mitsubishi, we bought 2 units of Canter last year to replace some of our old trucks.

Yung Hino ok din sana but replacement parts can be pricey and not as abundant as Isuzu and Canter parts that’s why we never considered a Hino
    Ask din sana ako if ano marerecommend...brand new foton tornado 4.4c or reconditioned japan surplus npr? For water truck sana..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast