New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Masters,

In view of the Government regulation regarding the full implementation of Euro 4 fuels as well as the Euro 4 capable vehicles, I would like to ask if there are, by any chance, any older vehicle (Not brand new, or new model), may it be gasoline or diesel fed engines, who are capable of being a Euro 4. This thought just came to mind as my younger brother wants to buy a second hand vehicle, though he wants is a diesel fed SUV, I was wondering if the previous CRDI engines can already adopt the Euro 4 specs? Also, as far as gasoline engines are concerned, will an older EFI engines adopt to such ordinance?

My brother currently has his Isuzu Sportivo, and since its resale value is still high, he's thinking of disposing it now and replace it with a Euro 4 capable vehicle (second hand only).

I will greatly appreciate if you can mention both Gasoline and Diesel cars which are capable of Euro 4 fuels / emission already.

Thank you

2. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jvnj View Post
    Masters,

In view of the Government regulation regarding the full implementation of Euro 4 fuels as well as the Euro 4 capable vehicles, I would like to ask if there are, by any chance, any older vehicle (Not brand new, or new model), may it be gasoline or diesel fed engines, who are capable of being a Euro 4. This thought just came to mind as my younger brother wants to buy a second hand vehicle, though he wants is a diesel fed SUV, I was wondering if the previous CRDI engines can already adopt the Euro 4 specs? Also, as far as gasoline engines are concerned, will an older EFI engines adopt to such ordinance?

My brother currently has his Isuzu Sportivo, and since its resale value is still high, he's thinking of disposing it now and replace it with a Euro 4 capable vehicle (second hand only).

I will greatly appreciate if you can mention both Gasoline and Diesel cars which are capable of Euro 4 fuels / emission already.

Thank you
    All 2005 and up hyundai CRDi engines are Euro4. May batches na euro5 na with DPF filter installed. I think sa mga grey market hyundai crdi vehicles may naka lusot na DPF equipped.

Sa honda and toyota naman, 2006 and UP naging euro 4 gas engine nila equiped na with wideband o2 sensor.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Masters,

Thank you
    as i understand it. older cars CAN be fed with euro 4 gasoline. what they are sensitive to is the octane.

as with all vehicles from gas to diesel. it should benefit from euro 4 due to cleaner fuel. thus giving cleaner combustion. good for environment. less visible smoke too.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    All 2005 and up hyundai CRDi engines are Euro4. May batches na euro5 na with DPF filter installed. I think sa mga grey market hyundai crdi vehicles may naka lusot na DPF equipped.

Sa honda and toyota naman, 2006 and UP naging euro 4 gas engine nila equiped na with wideband o2 sensor.
    Thank you for your reply janemar. Would you know, Sir, if the D4D fortuners, Old Montero and Isuzu Alterra are already Euro 4 equipped? My brother, is eyeing on these models.

Thank you

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    as i understand it. older cars CAN be fed with euro 4 gasoline. what they are sensitive to is the octane.

as with all vehicles from gas to diesel. it should benefit from euro 4 due to cleaner fuel. thus giving cleaner combustion. good for environment. less visible smoke too.
    Thank you for your reply baker123. I was aware that existing (older) vehicles can be fed with Euro 4 fuels, and I know this will improve the emission (but certainly it might not meet the Euro 4 emission standards / parameters) . But I am greatly bothered by the idea that if the enforcers or LTO will see that your car is an old one, then problems will arise especially in the renewal of registration.

That is why we're looking on those older vehicles who are already Euro 4 capable.

BTW, the general reason here is that we don't want to buy a new car, which by the way might burden us financially.

Thank you!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    No, the LTO/MMDA will never be able to implement a Euro 4-only policy. Doing so will kill the economy as all jeeps and virtually all trucks in the country aren't Euro 4 compliant. Heck, they can't even implement it on new cars (which is why brand new Crosswinds and Adventures are still available). Even something as simple as flagging down improper LED lights (much easier than memorizing car models and their Euro emissions ratings) cannot be implemented, so let's not make mountains out of mole hills. I understand your reservations, but I'm certain that it's not something to worry about. [emoji4]

My advice? Get the car you want. If you wanna keep your Crosswind, that's fine. If you want a Fortuner, that's fine. Do not let emissions fears keep you from buying whatever car makes you happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    No, the LTO/MMDA will never be able to implement a Euro 4-only policy. Doing so will kill the economy as all jeeps and virtually all trucks in the country aren't Euro 4 compliant. Heck, they can't even implement it on new cars (which is why brand new Crosswinds and Adventures are still available). Even something as simple as flagging down improper LED lights (much easier than memorizing car models and their Euro emissions ratings) cannot be implemented, so let's not make mountains out of mole hills. I understand your reservations, but I'm certain that it's not something to worry about. [emoji4]

My advice? Get the car you want. If you wanna keep your Crosswind, that's fine. If you want a Fortuner, that's fine. Do not let emissions fears keep you from buying whatever car makes you happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply Sir Jut. My Bro actually didn't like the idea of replacing his Sportivo. What worries him is the Euro 4 policy. But then again, maybe you're right, our enforcers are so stubborn in implementing our laws, maybe my bro can stick with his ride a little longer.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Thank you for your reply janemar. Would you know, Sir, if the D4D fortuners, Old Montero and Isuzu Alterra are already Euro 4 equipped? My brother, is eyeing on these models.

Thank you
    No prob sir. Not yet sir, ngaun lang naging euro4 with this all new 2016 models. Mux and trail, not sure though.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Thanks for the reply Sir Jut. My Bro actually didn't like the idea of replacing his Sportivo. What worries him is the Euro 4 policy. But then again, maybe you're right, our enforcers are so stubborn in implementing our laws, maybe my bro can stick with his ride a little longer.
    im quite sure the first alterra was not yet euro 4. if the lto does strictly implement euro4 vehicles then all jeepneys and olds puvs will have to be upgraded first. and the president's dmax cant be used too.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    im quite sure the first alterra was not yet euro 4. if the lto does strictly implement euro4 vehicles then all jeepneys and olds puvs will have to be upgraded first. and the president's dmax cant be used too.
    Yes, yes, our gov't should start on PUV's as most of them are poorly maintained, most pollutant and un-sanitized vehicles around Add to these PUV's are the arrogant and offensive drivers. No offense here.

Oh well, better convince my brother to just buy a brand new instead

Thanks for all your inputs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast