New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    This is a follow-up to my Escape XLT 2003 vs. Crosswind XT 2005 thread. Aside from the Crosswind XT, the owners of one Local Pajero 1997 and one Honda Civic 1.8S 2006 are also willing to swap with my Escape. Problem is both owners want me to shell out money. The Pajero owner wants me to add 60k while the Civic owner wants me to add 150k. What are your thoughts on these proposals? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The Civic sounds like a sweet deal, lalo na if you manage to get the 150k down to somewhere near 100k.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by after11years View Post
    The Civic sounds like a sweet deal, lalo na if you manage to get the 150k down to somewhere near 100k.
    I also like the Civic. However, one of my considerations in getting a car is a high clearance because MEtro Manila is very flood prone. For me, that factor is weighing heavily against the Civic.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kurukutow View Post
    I also like the Civic. However, one of my considerations in getting a car is a high clearance because MEtro Manila is very flood prone. For me, that factor is weighing heavily against the Civic.
    Saan ba kayo based, Sir? Any flood prone areas na nadadaanan?

OT: Minsan naisip ko ang mga tao napapraning na talaga ngayon. Disasters like Ondoy happen once in decades in Metro Manila, yet now super laking consideration na ang ganoon. Pero kung Ondoy-like naman, kahit SUV hindi makakasurvive eh.

If I were you I'd go for the Civic. Pero kung natatakot kayo about floods, maybe you should just stick to the Escape. Pwede sana yung Pajero pero it's '97 pa so baka magka-maintenance woes ka na.

Good luck po sa pagpapalit (if ever) ng kotse, sir.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Pajero for me, especially if it's diesel. Higher ground clearance and abundant parts.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You need to consider these facts:

> A car with a higher ground clearance are much safer to drive and pass through flooded areas.

> Comfort is a fact that you should consider.

> Flooded cars might be out already, BEWARE.

> Bring a mechanic with you to check the car itself

> Negotiate

Civic FD :

> The seats are hard. You wouldn't be expecting a very comfy ride. If you're into long drives and stuff, you might not be happy by the seats of the civic.

> The looks ( exterior, interior ) is nice.

> Trunk space is not that large.

> FC : 80% Highway ; 20% City -> 10-11km/l ----- City driving -> 8km/l

> Shelling out cash around 150k isn't bad for a 3 year old civic, if you could lower it a little, better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pajero

> Has high ground clearance

> Not so old looks

> Great power ( observation lang )

> More seating capacity

> Lower the 60k a little bit and these isn't a bad deal. ( Though the 60k isn't a bad deal also )

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    You need to consider these facts:

> A car with a higher ground clearance are much safer to drive and pass through flooded areas.

> Comfort is a fact that you should consider.

> Flooded cars might be out already, BEWARE.

> Bring a mechanic with you to check the car itself

> Negotiate

Civic FD :

> The seats are hard. You wouldn't be expecting a very comfy ride. If you're into long drives and stuff, you might not be happy by the seats of the civic.

> The looks ( exterior, interior ) is nice.

> Trunk space is not that large.

> FC : 80% Highway ; 20% City -> 10-11km/l ----- City driving -> 8km/l

> Shelling out cash around 150k isn't bad for a 3 year old civic, if you could lower it a little, better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pajero

> Has high ground clearance

> Not so old looks

> Great power ( observation lang )

> More seating capacity

> Lower the 60k a little bit and these isn't a bad deal. ( Though the 60k isn't a bad deal also )
    I also like the Pajero but Im kinda scared cause its a 12 year old car already. Twice the age of my escape.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's pretty old... the big problem will be the condition of the engine and the turbo... it'll be a bit expensive to maintain or refurbish if the unit is running rough or has fuel problems already.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir, escape going to pajero eh hindi masama. kung ako kasi, i rather go for a higher vehicle than a car. hindi naman sa pajero lover ako dahil pajero owner ako, pero iba pa rin kasi pag mataas ang sasakyan mo at diesel pa. consider price difference ng gasoline sa diesel, almost or more than 10 petot per liter! yun nga lang, 97 model pajero. pero mine was a 94 JDM model pa at hindi pa masyado nagbibigay ng sakit ng ulo sa akin. on my opinion, dun na ako sa pajero PERO kung kaya mo patapyas ang 60k na dagdag, mas maganda. mataas kasi ang selling value ng pajero lalo na pag 4x4 variant ang fieldmaster na yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    why he wanna sell the Civic? kakatakot bumili ng second hand ngayon, i hate to be suspicious pero mabuti nang nag-iingat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Escape 2003 vs. Pajero (Local) 97 vs. Honda Civic 2006