New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    I'm buying a car for the first time. I'm struck between elantra and fiesta. I've been reading the forum of both parties. medyo may problema yata sa elantra sa sound insulation. un palang so far

pinagpipilian ko ay 1.6 elantra ang 1.6 fiesta since their price difference is konti lang.

eto lang naman ung dalawa hinahanap ko na factors since i'm a first time driver:

1. FC (both 1.6 but i dont know how the both engine differs)parang ok ung elantra kasi may +/-. ewan ko hindi ako sure
    2. Driving dynamics (Gusto ko kasi ung masayang idrive yung wala kana icocomplain pa.)

any suggestions mga boss? sana matulungan nio po ako

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mahirap icompara ang dalawa sir kasi they are not on the same segment.

With the price difference na very negligible, depende na sa preferences mo kung ano kukunin.

Sa budget mo, you can get na the Ford Fiest Sport 1.6, you have all the toys, TOTL variant, but you have cabin space constraints. Syempre mas maliit yong fiesta keysa elantra. If you travel with your family, doon na magkakatalo.

Sa 1.6 Elantra, you might not have the best cabin toys in town, but what is on your side is space. And besides, yong 1.6 ng Elantra has ample power to drive you and your family whenever and wherever you want. And besides, you'll be making some necks stiffed. Sino nga ba ang di mapatingin sa napaka***y'ng elantra...

Kung ako papipiliin, I want an elantra to be in my garage for the mere reason na mas preferred ko yong space rather than toys. Consolation ko na yong looks ng elantra

But admittedly both cars are ***y and good looking.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    how about their FC sir? may nabasa din ako about NVH malala ba talaga to or mapapansin agad?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about the Hyundai Accent 1.6L?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How about the Hyundai Accent 1.6L?
    Yeah... this is the direct comparo of the ford fiesta. Mukhang may laban ang accent blue sa fiesta sport. Again, what you have with the accent is trunk space.

as to FC sir, you may ask our elantra guys to enlighten you. Kumunsulta ka na rin sa kanila about the NVH rating ng Elantra. Sa pagkakaalam ko, yon yong isang tinitingnan ng mga elantra guys, kasi medyo maingay raw. I wonder if installing an engine cover and an underhood insulation could somehow suppress the noise a little bit

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That is if makakuha ka pa ng Accent 1.6 kasi indent order na lang yun... Di bumenta eh... Tapos 3 mons. waiting time pa, if you're lucky. Yung Elantra very abundant ang supply nyan. The Fiesta is also easy to get...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I still think it's best the thread be moved to the Car Comparison section. This sitting in a Hyundai section would be bias-baiting.

There's a thin line between driving dynamics and fuel consumption. Heck, you can say those two cannot coexist together unless you're driving around in that hybrid Porsche of my dreams. Still, I would get the Ford Fiesta for its fun-to-drive factor and interior refinement. Of course, you lose out on the amount of space you get on an Elantra and the Fiesta is still a pretty heavy car.

If I were to chuck in another car, give the Mazda 2 a chance to show its zoom-zoom factor ;) or if you're torn between all of your choices, get a Honda Jazz 1.5L and call it a day - you get both space AND fun factor.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I still think it's best the thread be moved to the Car Comparison section. This sitting in a Hyundai section would be bias-baiting.
    Agreed. Thread moved.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post

If I were to chuck in another car, give the Mazda 2 a chance to show its zoom-zoom factor ;) or if you're torn between all of your choices, get a Honda Jazz 1.5L and call it a day - you get both space AND fun factor.
    I would get the jazz at any given day...

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    If you're a solo driver, meaning, you don't have passengers to take from point a to point b, then the Fiesta is the Better car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
elantra or ford fiesta?