New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Ano po ba magandang second-hand sedan ngayon? Pag coding lang, sana fuel efficient.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Good day Sir! There are quite a wide range of 2nd hand sedans you can get for 250k. Which sort are you looking at? Subcompact or compact? You may consider the EK Civic VTi, City Type-Z VTi, N16 Sentra or some older, high mileage Altis's.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Harangody View Post
    Ano po ba magandang second-hand sedan ngayon? Pag coding lang, sana fuel efficient.
    I would suggest 2004 or 2005 Vios J 1.3L M/T. Although many posted ads have prices over your budget, you can negotiate the selling price lower, even knocking off as much as 50% in some cases.

One major advantage of buying this over older cars like the City Type-Z is the age. It is still relatively new enough not to have major mechanical wear & tear issues.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 29th, 2011 at 04:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    How about the Nissan Sentra 05-06 model? I've been seeing sentra's in the 250-280k range though im not sure about it's fuel consumption.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    how about suzuki alto deluxe yung all power na.. 800cc engine matipid! pang coding lang naman.. wala na din masyado pagawain kasi bago model pa

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    eto naman suggestion ko for the TS,

Toyota Corolla Lovelife 1.3 xe, 500 can last a week or in my experience 250php can take you from san pedro to sm mall of asia then back to san pedro again, may sobra pa, konti na nga lang.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Second-hand? Pang-coding? Fuel Efficient? Budget of Php250K? Mercedes Benz W123 body, make it Diesel... may sobra pa sa Php250K niyo. :D

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    I'm choosing between Vios J 1.3L, 97 Civic and Big Body XE, hindi ko kasi type yung LoveLife.

Ano po mas okay, LXi or VTi?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    OK sana kung makakahanap ka ng Vios which is in good condition for this price. Pero kung yung pinakabase model lang ang makukuha at yung pinakauunang batch pa, I'd rather get something else. As for the EK Civic, I think your budget can fetch you the post facelift late '98-2000 model already. The looks are really sporty and timeless, IMO. You get excellent performance and gas mileage and its not cramped like the Vios. Just make sure the one you get was not heavily modified or raced. As for the AE101 Corolla, why if I can afford to get a post facelift EK, why would I bother with the older Corolla? The Corolla is a good car, its just that its a bit old. But if you should insist with it, the top of the line 1.6GLi fits your budget, no need to stay with the carbureted XE which is both weak and quite thirsty (as compared to newer DOHC 16 valve EFI 1.3L engines).

AFAIK the Civic LXi uses a 1.5L 16 valve EFI non-VTEC engine good for 105hp and 138Nm while the Civic VTi uses a 1.6L VTEC engine good for 125hp and 148Nm. I'd definitely get the VTi to go with the excellent handling and so that I can have fuel efficiency and also the power when I want it.

250k Budget