Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I'm thinking of buying one of these cars:
    A. 2010 Honda CRV 4x4 2.4L
    B. 2010 Honda Accord 2.4L
    C. 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5 XT 4x4

my question is:
    1. Which among the 3 is easier to sell after 10 years of use?
    2. Which among the 3 has high resale value?
    3. For owners of these cars, which car gives the best FC?
    4. Are the spare parts easy to find?
    5. Which car would you buy among the 3 and why?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    1. I will say the CR-V will be the easiest of the three. The Subaru will probably be the hardest.

2. This one I say either the CR-V because its more common and has higher demand or maybe the Subaru because it has a niche cult following...

3. I also say the CR-V or maybe the Accord... Definitely not the Forester since its turbocharged.

4. For the Honda's its easier. Subaru not easy at all, almost dealer dependent ka na if you buy a Subaru.

5. Depends on your needs and wants. The Subaru Forester is more like a toy for me not a practical choice. The CR-V is the most practical of the bunch and the Accord is in the middle. Practicality VS Fun. Your call!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I would go for the Honda CRV . . .

1. for its multi-function role
    2. better resale value than the Accord/sedan or Subaru
    3. Honda parts are more available than Subaru
    4. better FC

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Subarus are not famous for fuel efficiency.

Why?

One reason really: ALL-WHEEL DRIVE.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'll go for CR-V

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    1 - 3. Honda CR-V
    4. For both Honda's yes, the Accord might be a little harder than the CR-V but it's still plentiful. The Subaru, nope ... CASA is your best bet.
    5. First would be the Honda Accord then the FXT then the CR-V.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The CR-V will be the most easily saleable because it's an SUV and its a Honda
    In the long run the Honda Accord will end up with a higher resale value because it's considered a luxury car. However a 4x4 Cr-v can go toe to toe with a 2.4 Accord in value. Forester XT has lower resale because of the brand.
    Forester XT, but I will say its a tie with a CR-V
    Honda yes, Subaru no
    I'd buy the Accord because of its style and not for practicality. If I want a 4x4 id look for another brand.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    crv no doubt about it
    probably accord
    probably the crv, not sure about the accord's fc, subaru's awd is a disadvantage when it comes to fc.
    yes, to the people who said subaru parts are hard to find, they probably don't own one. 99% of the stock parts are available at subaru casa, kung di available sa casa there are also so many shops all over the philippines that sells subaru parts and after market parts for the subaru. obviously it's a lot easier to find parts for the honda compared to subaru, but the parts for subaru isn't hard to find.
    forester, i'm a guy who likes to have fun, i don't care about practicality. honda's are great cars, but no honda can give me as much fun as my subaru can give me. and our family has owned a couple of hondas, from a couple of civics, cr-v's, odyssey and i used to daily drive my brothers 2002 honda s2000. no offense to honda owners...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004

A (1,2): Depends... on the secondhand market today, the CR-V has the best value, but who knows whether the same will be true in ten years? As fuel prices go up, the secondhand value of big vehicles and gasoline-powered vehicles tends to go down. The 2nd generation CR-V seemed immune, but the reputation of that vehicle as a gas-guzzler might negatively affect the value of this 3rd gen model... or not.

The Accord would come in second.

The Subaru may or may not command a good price secondhand. Subarus are valued by enthusiasts, and turbocharged secondhand Subarus command a good price. Again... gas prices come 2020 will affect the resale value of the Forester greatly.

A: Don't own the other two... the CR-V actually has pretty good fuel consumption, but the Accord is lighter, more aerodynamic and has the same engine, and isn't saddled with AWD, it should get excellent fuel economy.

A: In all cases? Depends on the parts and how much you want to pay. There are parts differences between the new Accord and CR-V and the previous generation model, so don't expect to find unusual pieces easily. The Forester also has a little less commonality with older Foresters than the previous model did, but at least the engines and drivetrain are the same.

A: The Subaru. If you know the right people, maintenance won't be too difficult. It's distinctive looking, more comfortable than the CR-V and more powerful, and it's a fun SUV.

But you're not me. If you're looking for a family vehicle, a 4x2 CR-V is more practical. If you're considering the Accord, you probably don't even need AWD. Fuel economy is much, much better... performance may be sluggish in passing maneuvers when paired with the 5-speed automatic, but you're probably not buying an SUV to drag race... just upgrade to full leather seats, the rear bench is kind of hard and slippery in the base 4x2.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks for the different opinions and info guys. . .
    Practicality really goes to Honda while Subaru are fun to drive, the gas prices by 2020 is unpredictable and would then affect subaru demand in 2nd hand market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Which is easier to sell