New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    my job entails me to do the same thing, and what i look for are: leg space and then shoulder space. leg space so that my taller clients will have enough room at the back, shoulder space, so that i don't get to be intimate with a client rubbing shoulders with them while I'm driving. unfortunately, with my latter requirement, subcompacts doesn't cut it for me. My vote therefor goes to the Lancer.
    and there's the almera.. advertised as having lots of rear legroom, and (probably) adequate shoulder room for two..
    between the almera and the lancer, i favor the almera.. lalang.. sentra kid ako..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Almera has slightly more legroom than a Vios, but nothing else. The Vios is still the better buy among the two IMO. The Vios' legroom is already better than last gen compacts.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by law_supreme View Post
    Hi guys. realized that my e90 is getting beat up for being driven almost evryday. Cant use the suv often naman coz of fuel costs. And kids nowadays, brand conscious na din as they dont look forward to riding on my restored 91 kia pride! So decidedc to get a daily driver pref a sub or compact car that is fuel efficient and at least ok din even if i use it during meetings with new clients.. Will be mostly used by the kids, driver driven but i prefer auto trans as i will also drive it ocasionally nd mdyo tamad nko manual haha.
    Initial choices:
    Mirage glx at- because of the price
    G4- also coz of the price with trunk na
    Swift 1.2- looks for its price
    Yaris 1.3- looks
    Any more suggestions? My budget ceiling is aeound 750k only. Dont want to go higher as i prefer to buy in cash.. Any of you know of dealers na din who give good discounts? TIA guys! Ng backread ako and i found very good suggestions thats why im posting now, dami valid points nalito nako. Appreciate your suggestions and xperiences
    Since bihira mo lang ginagamit yung SUV, would you consider selling it and adding to the budget? If you are able to sell it for, say, 300k thereabouts edi may 1M ka na pambili. You can now consider cars like the Innova E or the Strada GLX-V.

Or, you can buy a more upscale, slightly used car, especially since you mentioned maintaining appearances with clients. With 2nd hand, even with just 2012-2013 models, your choices suddenly become much more.

As it is, among your choices, I'd get the Yaris. Very good looking design, very familiar engine with lots of parts everywhere, great reputation and decent performance. It's a good point A to point B car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    what about the innova? yes, it's an ugly duckling, but it's great inside..
    i wager anyone who dislikes the exterior forgets about it once he gets inside..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what about the innova? yes, it's an ugly duckling, but it's great inside..
    i wager anyone who dislikes the exterior forgets about it once he gets inside..
    Am now using an innova g vvti m/t for my daily drive. Comfortable naman. Typically getting 9 to 10 km per liter.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Just asking, what kind of gas mileage do you get with the E90?

Im sorry to say but if you come out of driving an E90 and then into a G4 or whatever you will just complain about the slow steering, poor sound insulation, sluggish gearbox, high seating position, cheap feeling interior, horrible handling dynamics and etc.

Just keep your E90 and use the SUV when the weather is bad. (Or just get a new F30 320d)

If I were you I would just buy an innova or whatever for your kids to go to school in, dont get a silver one or theyll frequently get in someone elses car. Your kids will eventually grow and one day they cant fit in the back of a subcompact.
    Last edited by viper888; December 7th, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234