New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Hi guys. realized that my e90 is getting beat up for being driven almost evryday. Cant use the suv often naman coz of fuel costs. And kids nowadays, brand conscious na din as they dont look forward to riding on my restored 91 kia pride! So decidedc to get a daily driver pref a sub or compact car that is fuel efficient and at least ok din even if i use it during meetings with new clients.. Will be mostly used by the kids, driver driven but i prefer auto trans as i will also drive it ocasionally nd mdyo tamad nko manual haha.
    Initial choices:
    Mirage glx at- because of the price
    G4- also coz of the price with trunk na
    Swift 1.2- looks for its price
    Yaris 1.3- looks
    Any more suggestions? My budget ceiling is aeound 750k only. Dont want to go higher as i prefer to buy in cash.. Any of you know of dealers na din who give good discounts? TIA guys! Ng backread ako and i found very good suggestions thats why im posting now, dami valid points nalito nako. Appreciate your suggestions and xperiences

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Since you say you need to project an image to your clients, go for at least a Corolla - but this is a little outside 750K.

But among your choices, the Yaris looks decidedly more upscale compared to the others.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    My suggestion is The Toyota Vios it is bigger than your choices and parts are easy
    My other suggestion is the Toyota Avanza e it fits your budget has higher ground clearance
    that is a must during heavy downpours

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Since you say you need to project an image to your clients, go for at least a Corolla - but this is a little outside 750K.

But among your choices, the Yaris looks decidedly more upscale compared to the others.
    Yup an altis would be nicer. But like i said i try to restrict myself not to exceed my budget that much. I can still use the other cars for other meetings, occasionally lang for the new car. Thanks for the input!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ****deleted due to double post

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    double post***

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gumblade84 View Post
    Have you seen Kia Rio hatchback? I dont know about fuel efficiency but it looks so good and the price is definitely within range.
    My impression of the Rio is bad fuel economy despite having the engine of an Accent. Read up on the Kia Rio thread about someone claiming to be getting 5-6KM/L. Then again, this could be just a one-off, special case.

Most Vios owners talk about 8+++KM/L.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gumblade84 View Post
    Have you seen Kia Rio hatchback? I dont know about fuel efficiency but it looks so good and the price is definitely within range.
    That car is definitely a looker. FC is not that impressive according to a thread on it. It is a nice city car though. Small & nimble.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Magkano na ba Accent Hatchback diesel ngayon? Looks pretty good for daily drive

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    My impression of the Rio is bad fuel economy despite having the engine of an Accent. Read up on the Kia Rio thread about someone claiming to be getting 5-6KM/L. Then again, this could be just a one-off, special case.

Most Vios owners talk about 8+++KM/L.
    I agree. Looks, the rio is nice. However also read in a thread here that fc nga is not that efficient

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast