New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Should have used uneven roads instead of potholes. I dont drive there on a daily basis too, but that is the impression it leaves on me

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Fortuner more of a workhorse. Kawawa crossovers when daily driven over edsa potholes IMO.

Unless you bring them to some parts unknown with unpaved roads and rocky terrain, I think most CUVs can deal with the kind of roads in Metro Manila. They are built to be more durable compared to subcompacts or compacts. If you need a CUV with some offroad capability, the Subaru Forester is the most rugged in its class.

If the TS wants something less bulkier than a Fort or MS but with 7 seats, he can opt for an Xtrail AWD (1.5M+) or add a bit more for a Santa Fe CRDi 4x2 (1.7M). If opting for a diesel CUV, the only options are the Korean twins - Tucson and Sportage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by i.am.aids View Post
    CX5:
    only 5 seater (ok if you don't require more)
    way more comfortable

Fortuner:
    7 seater
    about the same ride quality as montero

I doubt if there will be significant difference in mileage. You can dispose the Altis and get CX5 so that you have a 7 and 5 seater.
    Fortuner same ride quality ng montero sport? Malayo bro...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensong Quezon View Post
    I don't get it. you don't want the Montero because of it's size bakit nasa listahan mo ang Fortuner
    Fortuner has built-in belly burner, If you know what I mean

stick ka nalang sa altis or all new Innova.
    Hahaha this the best post regarding the suspension. Ahhahaha

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Fortuner more of a workhorse. Kawawa crossovers when daily driven over edsa potholes IMO.

Crossovers have medium duty shocks. They should be able to tackle any road imperfections.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

I said about, with both (Montero and Fortuner) being compared to ride quality of CX5. If ride comfort matters, that would be CX5. That, basically, is my point.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    We are going to sell both cars. Will buy a Vios or Wigo to replace the Altis then the CX5 or Fortuner to replace the Montero.

Nasanay na kasi sa full-size SUV yung mga kapamilya ko, never kami nag mid-sized kaya I was looking for the biggest mid-sized SUV in the market as a compromise. I drive the Altis kaya I wanted a bigger car for occasional floods.

My heart says CX5 but the mind (and other people) say Fortuner for sheer practicality.

Another option would be the Hyundai Tucson which is almost 1/3 cheaper but then it's a Hyundai. I think masyado maraming downside ang Hyundai? I don't like the design of the Forester, masyadong boring. No to Ecosport since it's too small. X-Trail naman halos kasing laki na ng Fortuner, no point in going for it?

My other concern is car durability. Toyota's are built for our lubak-lubak roads but I'm not sure if Mazda and Hyundai can handle it. Yung company car na Starex namin ang daming sakit in just a few years. We have friends who is a Hyundai and a Toyota dealer so after-sales for both brands shouldn't be as big as an issue as the norm. I read Mazda service is decent?

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

Which one is better?

Ano meaning ng Belly Burner? Maalog sa likod?

Ano mas masarap sakyan for semi long drives like Tagaytay or Batangas?

Bihira lang kasi ako sumakay ng compact SUV. I either ride compacts, SUVs, vans or high-end van like Alphard since this is what the company uses also.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Since you have raised the Toyota reliability factor, why not opt for Toyota's RAV4?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Since you have raised the Toyota reliability factor, why not opt for Toyota's RAV4?
    Same reason as Forester, I don't like the design, particularly the front. I hate it.

And they made it even lower compared to the older models. If I'm not mistaken it's a lot lower than the CX5.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post

Bihira lang kasi ako sumakay ng compact SUV. I either ride compacts, SUVs, vans or high-end van like Alphard since this is what the company uses also.
    CUVs ride more like compact cars but higher off the ground. Not as comfortable as midsize cars (Accord, Mazda6, Camry) but the extra girth gives them better interior space over the usual compacts (Altis, Civic, etc.).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast