New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup not a big deal but i was just disappointed considering all the hi-tech features that comes with it and they didn't include an HID. anyway i'll probably have bro garyq customize my headlight incase i get my explorer.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    yup not a big deal but i was just disappointed considering all the hi-tech features that comes with it and they didn't include an HID. anyway i'll probably have bro garyq customize my headlight incase i get my explorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    up ko lang.

just went to ford greenhills and made my reservation for a bronze or black explorer which ever becomes available first. they promised me that the latest i would get my unit is by june or july since i'm paying through their in-house financing. kind of have a mix feeling about it ever since i found out that the headlight isn't HID yet, this is a must for me considering that our roads are poorly lit and when i think about the 10% d.i. just so i can get my unit faster. thinking about checking out the cx-9 tomorrow again and getting a test drive.

anyway if ford doesn't deliver my unit by july then i'll be sure that the explorer isn't for me and i'll be torn again between the cx-9 and lgt wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    HID is not a big deal. The headlights are already projectors with a cut-off. Just add the HID bulb and ballast.

-

After driving the Explorer, I still think the CX9 drives better, and it gets the ride/handling balance better, too... not as floaty at high speed or as choppy at low speed. (though the Explorer's ride is pretty decent, all things considered...).

Regarding the Explorer not having HIDs, that was my gripe as well. Bought an aftermarket HID for our unit, cutoff was exactly the same as with the original halogen bulbs but will be having garyq do a retrofit this week. can't wait to see the difference.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Regarding the Explorer not having HIDs, that was my gripe as well. Bought an aftermarket HID for our unit, cutoff was exactly the same as with the original halogen bulbs but will be having garyq do a retrofit this week. can't wait to see the difference.
    bro can you pm me details where you got it your current HID, what kind and how much if you don't mind me asking.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
CX-9 or legacy wagon?