The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    kung malaki-laking space ang hinahanap mo crosswind ang ok dyan

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Innova D4D may problema eh......
    If you can pick the innova gas, get the innova but if you dont want, get the crosswind. Pwede na siguro yung XT or XTi. But if you can stretch your budget.......go for the XUV, XUVi ( kung yun pa yung high-end ) or Sportivo ( the high-end of the newer models )

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    From what I've read, it was the fuel lubricant quality at the time that were killing the D-4Ds. The problem should be resolved now.

It's been said again and again, but having ridden both in an XUV and an innova, the crosswind really doesn't have a prayer when it comes to passenger comfort (siguro may lamang sa ICE, but that's for those top-end models).

Regarding durability... My dad has a 2006 innova with more than a hundred thousand kilometers on it. Daily drive from QC to calamba for 3 years, including the lengthy period na sobrang panget ng road quality ng SLEX.

Nagkaproblema lang once sa air-con, iniiwan kasing bukas yung bintana habang naka on ang A/C para magyosi
    Last edited by scharnhorst; May 2nd, 2009 at 03:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    kung diesel ang pag uusapan, Isuzu pa rin ako. ever since isuzu gamit namin pag dating sa diesel. madali i-maintain. di ka namn nakikipag karera.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would go for the crosswind. pag diesel ang pinaguusapan, iba ang makina ng isuzu. besides, hindi namimili yan ng quality of diesel. ride height is also good. wala din masyadong compexities ang makina. just straight talk diesel engine, which means, maintenance is easier.

there were issues on the first generation Toyota diesel engines.

with regards to the crosswind variant, aesthetically, the XUVi or the Sportivo is the best, although the best buy is the XTO variant.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; June 7th, 2009 at 07:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    unless you're looking for camry or cefiro comfort, you should be comfortable enough in either. i have had a diesel innova since 2005. no engine problems like what they say here. but if you are not a gambling person and you like the innova's novelty, get the gas variant. it'll get you 8 km/li. the reason why i like diesel, is bahain kami dito.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post
    kailangan ko po ng advice niyo mga experts sa car... nag-hahanap ng sasakyan ang bayaw ko (2nd hand lang) bale ang pinag pipili-an niya ay crosswind at innova dieasel, diko po alam kong alin ang maganda sa dalawa di ba may problema ang dieasel ng inova?

thanks in advance
    ~hey bro advice q lng innova n lng kunin nyo....no prob namn with the d4d engine....nor crosswind gara ng sound ng engine...notice m din....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Innova D4D may problema eh......
    If you can pick the innova gas, get the innova but if you dont want, get the crosswind. Pwede na siguro yung XT or XTi. But if you can stretch your budget.......go for the XUV, XUVi ( kung yun pa yung high-end ) or Sportivo ( the high-end of the newer models )

~tol ask q lng kng anu problem in d4d engines??

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rain_11 View Post
    You can use the search function on this page at the uppermost part and type "D4D woes".

Or you can go to Car Talk....Toyota...and open the thread yourself.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rain_11 View Post
    Uhm AFAIK the problems of Toyota's d4d are.....

• Hard Starting
    • Stalling
    • Black Smoke emissions (?)
    • etc.....

Anyways, I agree with Sir Gerbo, go to the Toyota Cars Talk then AFAIK there is a thread there about the D-4D problems

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Crosswid vs inova (diesel)