New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ok first off, I know that there are multiple threads regarding crossovers but here is my personal dilemma in choosing.

I had written off the following crossovers/compact SUV:
    CRV-Ugly

Rav4-You get very little for what you paid for, plus Toyota Alabang sucks and their dealership is nearest to my house. Boring vehicle to look at as well.

Sportage/Sorento-Not sold on KIA yet.

Xtrail - had the 240x already, great car. But I don't want to get another.

Vitara - not interested

that probably leaves me with the Mazda cx-7 and the Hyundai Tucson.

What I like about the CX-7, drivers vehicle, great package from the dealership overall a car with great reviews. What I don't like: The rear end looks like an egg. Resale value questionable.

What I like about the Tucson, non traditional look. Nice interior. What I don't like: the car is everywhere, resale value questionable.

I have also ruled out the Montero sport: ugly and cheap interior. Fortuner: everybody has one and pretty old model.

Hoping to get a few inputs. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Have you considered the following:

-Mitsubishi ASX
    -Subaru Forester
    -Kia Soul

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Have you considered the following:

-Mitsubishi ASX
    -Subaru Forester
    -Kia Soul
    Mitsubishi ASX yes, I don't like the dash, but I heard the driving experience is good.
    Foerester, had one before. So hindi muna siguro.
    Kia Soul, don't like how it looks.

Thanks man.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Basically Hyundai = Kia. Both have 5 years warranty.

So Tucson = Sportage. Same suspension, same engine, same transmission, same fuel consumption. Different looks & features for the Theta II variants.

Resale value, di na katulad dati.

Yeah, CX-7 is a great car. But the rear doesn't look good at all (no pun intended)

My vote goes to the Tucson & Sportage (that's why we have both)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Double post

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Basically Hyundai = Kia. Both have 5 years warranty.

So Tucson = Sportage. Same suspension, same engine, same transmission, same fuel consumption. Different looks & features for the Theta II variants.

Resale value, di na katulad dati.

Yeah, CX-7 is a great car. But the rear doesn't look good at all (no pun intended)

My vote goes to the Tucson & Sportage (that's why we have both)
    I have to visit a KIA dealership soon to see if their vehicles are for me. I agree that the CX-7 is ugly at the rear. But part of my choice would be driving experience, since this car will serve as my toy for a few years. Thanks for the input man.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Ok first off, I know that there are multiple threads regarding crossovers but here is my personal dilemma in choosing.

I had written off the following crossovers/compact SUV:
    CRV-Ugly

Rav4-You get very little for what you paid for, plus Toyota Alabang sucks and their dealership is nearest to my house. Boring vehicle to look at as well.

Sportage/Sorento-Not sold on KIA yet.

Xtrail - had the 240x already, great car. But I don't want to get another.

Vitara - not interested

that probably leaves me with the Mazda cx-7 and the Hyundai Tucson.

What I like about the CX-7, drivers vehicle, great package from the dealership overall a car with great reviews. What I don't like: The rear end looks like an egg. Resale value questionable.

What I like about the Tucson, non traditional look. Nice interior. What I don't like: the car is everywhere, resale value questionable.

I have also ruled out the Montero sport: ugly and cheap interior. Fortuner: everybody has one and pretty old model.

there's a 300k difference between the cx7 and the tucson/sportage. if you can stretch your budget more get the sorento EX 5 str eVGT

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    there's a 300k difference between the cx7 and the tucson/sportage. if you can stretch your budget more get the sorento EX 5 str eVGT
    I will draw the line at 1.6m. But like the cx-7, KIA didn't give the sorento justice at the rear. IMHO. It's now really the only thing holding me back on the CX-7(rear end). Thinking of venturing out on used Pajeros (shogun) if I don't get over that hump. Hopefully a few CX-7 owners can give me an input on their vehicles.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Heavily considered a midsize sedan as well like the Sonata and Teana. But ultimately, I wanted a semi high riding vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Which particular Tucson variant are you considering? Am I correct in assuming the 4x4 Premium lines (gas or diesel?) since they're comparable in specs and price to the CX-7? Or maybe not the diesel since its P1.698M price tag is over the limit...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Which crossover/compact SUV please?