New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Xtrail ako..

pero ang mas magandang gawin nyo at kung may time kayo, punta kayo sa mga showrooms ng mga gusto nyo then i-test drive nyo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    my vote goes to the crv.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by erict
    Kia Sportage? ang alam ko matagal na ito sa Pinas, baka late 90's pa.
    erict, there is an all new Kia Sportage (2006) that came out here in the States, I think it is based on Hyundai Tucson. Tanong ko lang kung meron na dyan sa Pinas, like the Tucson. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hyundai Tucson...kung mas malakas lang sana hatak nito im sure 100% eto na kukunin ko.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among the three choices, my vote goes to X-Trail

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    X-Trail for me

We have the CRV and X-trail, I enjoy driving the X-trail more, steering is light which is a plus in city driving plus its more fuel efficient. Am getting around 7.5 to 8km/li city driving on my X-trail compared to 5-6km/li on the CRV. I don't think thats a small difference, if you add it up. Downsides of the X-trail are the plastic interior which gets scratched easily, and yes the CRV has a bigger 2nd row, but if your the one driving get the X-trail.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    fortuner. pero kung ayaw na magsira ng garahe, xtrail.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you value comfort, the X-Trail is your best bet among the three, despite the second row deficit. Given that you guys are ex-pats, you will probably be driving yourselves anyway, right?

For driving, I'd say an Escape would be easiest to drive, and the fuel consumption of the 2.3 is okay.

The CR-V's fuel consumption really is that bad... at least in AT, and it requires a very disciplined right foot to keep within acceptable limits.

As number001 has said, the Fortuner drives much like a car. In fact, I find that its footprint is very manageable, akin to a midsize sedan, just bulkier and taller. But it's a very hard vehicle to park if you're not used to trucks (I am) and the ride will definitely feel stiff and uncomfortable if you're coming from a car. Still, it's a good value, and huge inside compared to your other choices.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Get a sledgehammer and start hitting your gate then buy a Fortuner. I own one and Im very satisfied with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
CR-V, Fortuner or X-Trail