New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just to start a good discussion here...

We all know that the Mazda Tribute and the Ford Escape are kissing cousins.

If someone would be made to choose either of the two, having the same engine displacement (ok to make it simpler both in 4x2, 2.3L trim), which one would you choose? Let's consider all the factors like creature comforts, etc....

Fire away boys!!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Mazda Tribute has more features than the Ford Escape... namely: sunroof, puddle lamps, steering-wheel mounted audio controls, dinner trays, roof rails, etc.

Though the Escape is a bit cheaper.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Just got my Escape around 3 weeks ago, and am happy with the comfort and ride, but as mazdamazda said, you get more in tribute... plus moonroof pa kahit 2.3 sa tribute, and I think same lang ang ride and comfort ng dalawa, as in kissing cousins nga ika mo... I just grabbed Escape with their 99K down and all in promo... meron din silang 999K pag cash... Good Luck! Both are excellent! Love your own! :D

Regards,
    Luke

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you'd asked me a few months ago, I would have said the Mazda, in a heartbeat. More modern look, and a sunroof. Less conservative looking than the Escape (not really a truck guy).

But now, with the NBX edition putting all that nice kit on the 2.3 Escape? Tough tough choice...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i chose the tribute. more aesthetically pleasing, more creature comforts...plus Mazda's longer warranty sealed the deal.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Yup the 50K difference is worth it in NBX, just bad, it is not included in the promo, I even offered, plus 50k on my down just to get NBX... Leather Seats, Chrome Tail Light Cover, two tone, 4x4 mags, worth it talaga ang NBX. Ganda! :D

Luke

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NBX if you want the truckster look.

The Tribby looks cleaner and more understated. Lots of cool features, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I find the Escape cuter. The Tribute's design is more for small families, while its Ford cousin suits singles better. I hate the black bumpers though.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    I find the Escape cuter. The Tribute's design is more for small families, while its Ford cousin suits singles better. I hate the black bumpers though.
    Don't worry, new Escape models have painted bumpers and quad circular headlights...

I would go for the Escape... it actually looks like an SUV.
    Last edited by AG4; June 15th, 2006 at 09:13 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i like the black bumpers of the Escape better than the monotone look.

but between the two, id lean towards the Mazda Tribute. i like its features: sunroof, puddle lamps, steering mounted audio controls, especially the 3 spoke steering wheel better.

i read from C/D that the suspension tuning of the two are quite different, the Tribute has a stiffer settings while the Escape is comfort bias.

i wish that USDM floor mounted shifter units could get here though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The cousins Mazda Tribute vs Ford Escape