• the classic look of the 1980 vette

8 66.67%
  • the modernity of the 1984

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Guys. These are the only choices. The parameters are set and the cars are for evaluation since the circumstances may have me choose only between the two. Try to work with the parameters.

Now will TPI be a prob? Wouldn't an old car using a carb be easier to maintain?
    Ooops, he he...Sorry bout that. Between the two, I'd go for the 1980 Corvette. I'm not much familiar with the engines and stuff of the two but I like the lines on the 80 'Vette compared to the '84. The lines on the '80 Vette are....well...***y. I find the styling of the '84 Vette a bit bland.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Ooops, he he...Sorry bout that. Between the two, I'd go for the 1980 Corvette. I'm not much familiar with the engines and stuff of the two but I like the lines on the 80 'Vette compared to the '84. The lines on the '80 Vette are....well...***y. I find the styling of the '84 Vette a bit bland.
    no worries man. Maybe I should ve written it clearly in the beginning. I too like the ***y lines of the 80 compared. In the end both have t-tops and the 80 will get heads turning.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ugh...not a big fan of either choice. but between the two on Manila streets i suspect you won't need balls-to-the wall performance and handling out of either one.

i personally think the C4 is the worst model of the Corvette. no character, and not so much innovation, while other sports car marques modernized their offerings at the same time. teh ZR1 was a step in the right direction, but too rare and too cost prohibitive

for that reason i will vote for the Stingray. nice lines, classic profile...not the greatest performer, but a ballsy image.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    M54, that s what I figured. Will boil down to a looks issue and then possibly need to work on engine.

OT: re: ur pitstop thread. remember what I said about Parisiennes. That's why it is fun to hang out with them even in Manille. And as for Argentines there is a key to them in their motherland. To make them friendlier.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^hehe, some of my (single) friends were able to figure out that "key" while we were there. or at least i think so, judging from how "friendly" :naughty2: the Argentine chicas were to them.

anyway, bttt - i asked my friend who owns a 76 Stingray and he says he owns it mainly for the looks and the sound of the engine. most of the guys here around FL grew up lusting after the Vette Stingrays, and now that they're older and can afford to buy toys...they all have one. his is orange-red with t-tops and an aftermarket dual exhaust

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i agree with M54.the C4 dont appeal to me neither.id rather have the 80 body lines.id go for the 80 vette but only if it has the 350ci engine and not the 305.you can find out which engine it has by looking at tne VIN number.LG4 = 305ci and L82 = 350ci.as far as modifying the engine,itll pretty much will depend on how much money you wanna put in the engine.the GM350 is so easy to modify and tons of aftermarket parts to make tons of HP.
    i would go with old school highrise manifold anf 4 barrel carb just to keep the nostalgia look and effect.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    1980 non California if keeping the old engine but I would do an engine swap at that age anyway.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i've always been a fan of the vette since i was a kid. the 80 has more appeal than the 84 vettes pro it does not have the same performance. personally i'd go for the ZR1. the looks of the late generation models gives it justice anyway. and now they have the performance to boot!!! i still remember my cousin's old boss mustang fastback and my uncles 85 vette. pg my reunion kse kmi we always knew pg padating na sila bcoz we could feel the ground shaking....GRRRRRR.....gives me shivers every time i hear those engines rumbling....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Which corvette will you prefer? A 1984 or a 1980?