New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Maybe your battery is about to die.
    Agree. Try borrowing a similar battery and test muna.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    All of a sudden, ayaw mag-start ng 98 lovelife gli ko. My sister borrowed it just the day before without encountering any problems (thankfully). Our electrician initially thinks it could be the starter, since the battery is good. Heck sabi ko nga baka maluwang lang kabit sa battery. Pwede bang all of a sudden sira na agad starter?

Sent it to a nearby shop (pinatulak ko). I dont know how pero nag start sya so the mechanic ruled out the starter as the culprit. He instead pointed out to the "inhibitor" daw, which was tied up with the AT transmission. Im clueless. Mechanic suggests that instead of buying a new inhibitor (not sure he means inhibitor switch) which was expensive. Maglalagay daw sya ng direct switch/ button that I should press in the event na hindi mag start normally.

Is that remedy ok? Or should I go to a more reputable shop to have it assessed properly. I want to keep it road worthy, because I use it for coding days or if I go to places where parking is a concern.

Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All of a sudden, ayaw mag-start ng 98 lovelife gli ko. My sister borrowed it just the day before without encountering any problems (thankfully). Our electrician initially thinks it could be the starter, since the battery is good. Heck sabi ko nga baka maluwang lang kabit sa battery. Pwede bang all of a sudden sira na agad starter?

Sent it to a nearby shop (pinatulak ko). I dont know how pero nag start sya so the mechanic ruled out the starter as the culprit. He instead pointed out to the "inhibitor" daw, which was tied up with the AT transmission. Im clueless. Mechanic suggests that instead of buying a new inhibitor (not sure he means inhibitor switch) which was expensive. Maglalagay daw sya ng direct switch/ button that I should press in the event na hindi mag start normally.

Is that remedy ok? Or should I go to a more reputable shop to have it assessed properly. I want to keep it road worthy, because I use it for coding days or if I go to places where parking is a concern.

Thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by joey_ed27 View Post

Thanks

Thanks
    baka hindi lang nai-neutral yung AT mo bro....
    observe it first.... if it happens again, then time to have it checked.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    inhibitor sensor sa AT, it will only allow the car to start pag naka park or neutral ang tranny...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Pinalagyan ko na rin ng switch, cost me 1,500.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so which is more expensive? the inhibitor switch, or the bypass switch?
    but the inhibitor switch does offer protection against starting jerk, which may result in bumping tita's prize bonggavilla..

so which is more expensive? the inhibitor switch, or the bypass switch?
    but the inhibitor switch does offer protection against starting jerk, which may result in bumping tita's prize bonggavilla..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Honestly i did not bother to canvas the inhibitor switch anymore and took mechanics word for it.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If your transaxle is an Aisin Warner, the PRND2L switch is Nippon Denso. Inside this switch are two little copper bars that make contact with the slide contact. Over time, the packed grease inside dries up and hardens and fail to close the circuit. You can open it up to clean, lubricate and reassemble.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    If your transaxle is an Aisin Warner, the PRND2L switch is Nippon Denso. Inside this switch are two little copper bars that make contact with the slide contact. Over time, the packed grease inside dries up and hardens and fail to close the circuit. You can open it up to clean, lubricate and reassemble.
    Thanks will check it out

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it is user-serviceable?
    the TS might not be as mechanic-savvy as ... you know... no user-serviceable parts inside..?

would immersing it in solvent like contact cleaner, work? at least then, it wouldn't have to be opened..

kuripot me..

it is user-serviceable?
    the TS might not be as mechanic-savvy as ... you know... no user-serviceable parts inside..?

would immersing it in solvent like contact cleaner, work? at least then, it wouldn't have to be opened..

kuripot me..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Corolla lovelife